Saturday, January 5, 2013

Basketball game and Tucker's now FOUR!

This morning we went to Marky's first basketball game of the season.  A precious local Catholic school has agreed to let homeschooled children play for the team so here we go!

IMG_1441

Because he's Mr. Tall- he got to do the tip off-

IMG_1424 IMG_1425

After owning the jump ball- little man proceeded to get the first two baskets! Momma was shouting! God was so nice to give me boys- I LOVE to cheer from the sides! :)

IMG_1436

Again- always the youngest and tallest- My Giant-

IMG_1435

His job is to live UNDER the basket and get the rebounds, which is exactly what he does- no frills- no three-pointers- just grab and toss-

IMG_1427 IMG_1432

His cheering section- "Go Bubba!!!"

IMG_1433

Don't worry Charlie- your time will come-

IMG_1434

We won!

IMG_1438

Good game, good game-

IMG_1439 IMG_1440

Meanwhile, TODAY IS TUCKER'S FOURTH BIRTHDAY!!! What in the world? How did my little sack of sugar turn into a real kid?!!! While he was happy this morning at the game and even went with us to pick out his birthday cake for Monday's party- he caught a stomach bug and had a terribly sad afternoon. The ONLY place he would be was on Mommy- he was not interested in laying on the couch or bed- Mommy is a good spot. And I thought it was wonderful. We were like this for hours-

IMG_1442

Tucker's loss is sort of my gain- I hate to see him sick, but I LOVE TO SNUGGLE MY SUGAR BEAR! IMG_1444

For the first hour or so we just sat in silence and watched the fire Daddy made for us. I started to turn on the TV, but there is something so nice about real silence.

IMG_1447

Sissy came in and enjoyed watching the fire as well-

IMG_1446

She decided it would be a nice place to take a rest-

IMG_1448

After he woke up I turned on the Lawrence Welk show and the whole family watched it. The children actually really enjoyed it. Tucker even said, "I love this show, Mommy". :) It was an episode featuring Henry Mancini so we heard the pink panther theme, Moon River, etc.- really fun.


Speaking of children getting older, these are from Friday's afternoon at the park- Charliebear is growing growing-

get-attachment (1)

I love you Little Red Riding Hood.  More on Tucker turning four later.  :) 

get-attachment

1 comment:

holly said...

Yay for basketball! We had alex had his first game yesterday and tadd and I yelled from the stands the whole game! He looked at me and asked why we were the only ones screaming. I don't understand how parents can watch a sporting event and not cheer! Hope tucker feels better today and enjoys his b'day! I made the mistake awhile back of telling eli his b'day would be after Christmas...he asks me about 3 times a day if it's his b'day yet...we still have a month. Aye, Aye Aye!