Saturday, January 26, 2013

Welcome to now!

IMG_1642

That black thing on the left is what I've been using as a phone.  It's a flip phone.  It took awful pics, had no internet, and to text you had to push 1-1-1, 3-3-3, etc to get to the letter you want.  What in the world.  I was happy with my phone- in fact, I said I didn't want to be "too" connected- I hate it when people are always looking at their phones- and that definitely wasn't me!  :)

BUT TONIGHT I HAVE SEEN THE LIGHT!  A manchild at Best Buy talked hubby and I into stepping into the 21st century and we have Galaxy SIIIs and I'm already blown away by the difference.  You can text so much easier- you can see your conversation history- they suggest the words you are typing- is this how you all have been living all this time?  Why didn't anyone tell me there was such an easier way?!!!  :)

I asked the guy "can you get navigation on this?  Can you watch youtube on it?" and he was literally laughing under his breath.  I might as well have had white hair and a walker and ask him how to access "the world wide web on the internets".

Granny Donna is on the internets people- now I don't have to wait until I get home to check my calendar.  :) Now I don't have to wait until I get home to check my email.   I've got the power!  :)

The only sad part is I have to change my cell number which has been the same since 1995- when I had a bag phone.  18 years is a long time to have the same digits!

(All night I've been singing Two thousand zero zero party over oops out of time.....tonight we're gonna party like it's 1999....) 

2 comments:

Jennifer McShea said...

you will love it!! make sure to send me your new number!

holly said...

me and Alex are giggling reading this!! And don't act I like I never told you to get you a real phone! does this mean you are going to answer my texts within a 48 hour window? send me yo digits girl.