I know this is blurry, but I LOVE this picture. :)

Yesterday was the feast day for Our Lady of Guadalupe- and so during Mass they had the image of Our Lady of Guadalupe in the front of the church.
That night while doing homework Marky looked at me and said, "you know that image of Our Lady of Guadalupe reminds me of the verse in Revelation 12, ""And there appeared a great sign in heaven; a woman clothed with the Sun, and the Moon under her feet, and upon her head a crown of twelve stars."
Mommy: Oh, really, did your teacher make that connection for you?
Marky: No, I just thought about it tonight as I looked a the image.
Mommy: Oh, I didn't know you had read Revelation. Are you reading it with your class in school?
Marky: No, ma'am. I just read it sometimes if I finish my work early or something. The study notes at the bottom are really interesting. (Then he tells me all about the book of Revelation) You know, Mommy, when they look at the constellations for when Jesus was born they saw that Virgo the virgin constellation was rising and angled so that it was "clothed in the sun" and the moon was at the feet."
Mommy: HOW DO YOU KNOW THAT?!
Marky: I watched it on the Star of Bethlehem dvd last Christmas.
I don't know what else to say, but I can't get over how his brain cross references itself.
On Sunday there was terrible rain after Mass so we drove to the mall for lunch so we could park in the deck! :) The kids were thrilled to jump on the rides.
In other news, Tucker has discovered a passion for blazers! :) He's always worn little smocked clothes to church, but when I got the "big boy" winter clothes out of the attic he was beside himself to see three blazers just his size (that had been Marky's). He wore his ALL DAY on Sunday. "I look great- I look just like my daddy," he said to everyone. :)

This morning I heard crying and then Tucker said, "MOMMY! Charlie hit me on the west eye coast of my head!" Sure enough- it was by his left eye- the boy lives and breathes geography. :)
And here are a few pics from Wednesday's riding lessons. She has to wash her horse's bridle and put it in a figure 8 in the tack room before she leaves. :)

Trotting down the ring-


Happy, happy, happy indeed!





No comments:
Post a Comment