Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Charlie is four

Well sweet Charliebear I guess you are four now.  Why does that sound a hundred times older than three?  I have so loved having your sweet little spirit in our home these past four years.


Such a sweet boy- you are always quick to share whatever you have.  You love to be read to, and even when I am reading to Tucker you always pop in to see what the story is about.  You are still so cuddly.  Any time I pick you up you rest your head on my shoulder and melt my heart.  Anytime I say, "Charlie, want to snuggle?" you come running and jump in my lap.    You talk like a baby.  You say "Dis and dat", "wittle", "nakin", "superhewoe", etc.  Yesterday you said a fact and then said, "mommy, is dat wight?  Is dat cowwect?"  You can't say r's or l's- thank goodness.  Otherwise you aren't very babyish at all.


You are so smart.  Tucker has trained you from day one.  You now have his vocabulary and mannerisms.  All the time when you do something (like shout, "nonsense!") we say, "that's Tucker."  You can read- it was easy for me to teach you.  You always complained about starting the lesson, but like it once we got going.  You can count by any number- you can count by 3s, 4s, 6s, 8s- it's amazing.  You, of course, know all the states, all the planets (and dwarf planets), most countries, and most of the flags of the world- Tucker made sure of that.  He won't rest until you know them all like he does.  The two of you get scissors and paper and try to make the state shapes and color them for fun.   Oh- I've also noticed that you know and notice the directions more than any of the others.  When I'm driving you are always telling me where I should turn or asking why I don't take such and such shortcut.  




On the other hand, you are a lot more like Marky than Julia and Tucker ever were.  You are very masculine and love knights, cars, superheroes, trains.  You love sports and love to tackle Marc every day.  If you see Marc and Daddy throwing the football you run outside and get in on the action.  Daddy says you run very well.  This morning you and Marky painted a froggy bank someone gave you for your birthday.  You get along very well.



You and Julia are very similar in that you are both laid back and let things go.  She followed Marky, you follow Tucker.  You both are used to going with the flow.  You both get tired quickly.  :)  You still say, "I'm tiyuhd about all dis walking."  You are also both very content to just piddle around and not be entertained.  Many times you only let her put your to bed.


I want to remember what a helper you are.  You love to help me shop for groceries, unload the car, sort the laundry and put things away.  If you walk past shoes on the floor you pick them up and find their owner.  It's adorable.  



You did not like moms day out or vbs this past year.  You want to stay with your siblings.  We aren't even trying moms day out this upcoming year.  :)  When you are upset you put your head down and your shoulders down with your fists low and slowly walk away.  It's like a Charlie Brown cartoon.  You never stay mad for long though.  I've even had baby sitters remark on how fast you get over being upset.  I always say it's because you learned early that "resistance is futile."   Momma doesn't change her mind when you fuss.   :) 

Charlie you have been nothing but a blessing to this family your whole life.

 

We all adore you.  You are just a sweet, easy-going little boy with a tender heart.  Everytime I ask you, "who does mommy love?" you grin and shyly put your head down and point to your tummy.  "Dat's wight" Sharshee- Mommy and Daddy and all your siblings wuv YOU!



1 comment:

BB said...

So sweet. We are blessed with our sweet Charlie bear!