Sunday, July 5, 2015

Fourth of July and Sunday pictures

Yesterday we had big plans to head out to American Village, where we have often gone for the Fourth of July.  Unfortunately there was torrential downpour right when we were leaving so we decided to stay home.  Some friends of ours that had been driving there called to warn us about the weather and ended up dropping by and bringing other friends of theirs.  So we grabbed a bunch of fried chicken and fixings and had a little party.

As it got later I was feeling bad for the children not seeing fireworks- we haven't taken them to see fireworks in years.  In fact Charlie had never seen them.  So in a last minute decision we jumped in the car and ran out to the village.  We got there right at 8:30 when they were shutting the gates.  The show started at 8:45 and we were leaving by 9:15!  In and out, but it was totally worth it for the smiles on their faces.  Tucker went bananas- he LOVES fireworks!!




And they loved wearing their light up necklaces-








As an aside, while we were leaving I wanted them to fall asleep in the car so I put on the Beatrix Potter DVD.  I LOVE this series so much- it is so calm and soothing- a definite FAVORITE.  Marc and I have recently said the test of a good children's program is if you can fall asleep to it.  :)

Now onto the Sunday Pictures!  USA- USA- USA!!!








 Ya'll- this suit just puts him over the top!  Excuse my barrage of pictures- I can't pic just one!








And finally Momma's baby-









1 comment:

BB said...

Oh my good gashus, I love these babies.
What fun this weekend was for them. God bless the beasts and the children. Oh that they all had happy homes to love and grow in.