Last night was a bit eventful. We had gotten a sitter and gone out to dinner. When we got home Charlie was on fire with a fever and crying that his stomach hurt terribly. He didn't say anything about ears of throat or the usual- just real tender tummy. Daddy ended up taking him to Children's to make sure it wasn't appendix or intestines. They got there about 11:00 p.m. and got home at 3:30! He is okay- it must be some type of virus. We're so glad it's not something worse.
The doctor said, "who are you holding?" and Charlie said, "Dis is Sheepy." :)
After some pain meds- feeling better.
And now a new burst of energy- hey these wires spin fast!
Finally at 2 a.m. he dozed off. :)
He slept in this morning. We heard him get up, go to the potty, wash his hands and get back in bed around 8:00. So precious. He slept til almost 10:00.
In other news....
We were having a long talk about socialism, capitalism, democracy, fascism, dictatorships, and the like with Marky the other day. Big Marc mentioned the examples in Orwell's "Animal Farm." Marky later came to me and said, "Would you mind ordering that 'Animal Farm' book for me?" I did and it came yesterday. He read it in its entirety last night in one sitting. We've talked about it all day. Of course, I have NEVER read it just like I have read none of the books I was supposed to in school. I got the cliff notes version and moved on.
I wish I had had the fire of learning lit under me like he has had. It's a real gift and so amazing to watch.
Tuesday, July 7, 2015
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)











No comments:
Post a Comment