We put the lights on that night and waited until Saturday morning to do the rest. Daddy's helpers never left his side. :)
They each got gold coins, a book and c.d.

I didn't realize that the children all thought they would get new slippers. Some years I have done that- traded out their old slippers for new slippers. This year I thought they all still fit and didn't get new ones and everyone ended up dramatically telling me how their slippers were all too small. (and they really were) :) We did end up getting new slippers after all.
Oh and I almost forgot St. Nicholas brought the children the Nativity Flipzle. It just didn't arrive until Monday. :)
We read an out-of-print biography on St. Nicholas that I found in a used book store. Then we watched this video.
We also read several other stories including this one-
And one of my all-time favorite Christmas books-
By the way if you are looking for great Advent/Christmas C.D.'s- here are my favorites:
The children absolutely LOVE Classical Kids Christmas- it's bits of songs and the stories and legends behind them.
And of course you probably already know about the gorgeous Advent C.D.- Advent at Ephesus. I listen to this every night while I'm cooking.
This is my absolute favorite Christmas C.D.- all Christian hymns and all GORGEOUS!
And I love the Sister Servants and always love their beautiful C.D. at Christmas time!
And now a few Sunday pictures-




























1 comment:
I like their business acumen--- ahhhh, thanks for the books and stuff, but we're gonna need new slippers. Tadow!!!!!!
Frick and Frack's expressions while helping Daddy decorate the tree are priceless.
These are the days you will always remember. And at my age, miss!
Post a Comment