Just a few pics and thoughts. The weather is cold and we are hunkering down and getting a lot of school work done.
Our precious neighbors gave us the best tasting scones I've ever had and they make cold days better. I let the children have 1/2 a scone for snack around 4:00 and then the other half for after supper dessert. Win/win.
We are reading aloud like crazy. Marky, Julia and I finished A Wind in the Door in two days. We just couldn't stop. Every time I said, "okay, let's stop here," I heard "pleeeeeease just a few more pages." :)
Now we are over 1/2 way through A Swiftly Tilting Planet in one day. :)
After dinner Daddy has been reading to us from The Book of Life at night. He has a lap full of boys and sheep.
This afternoon the best big brother went down to the garage and put several boxes together to make Tucker a rocket! Tucker LOVES it!!!
He left the screen blank and Tucker made over ten different "space scenes" that he puts on there as he "flies around."
Charlie: "Dat's for da music!" :)
The rest of the afternoon was filled with Charlie in his space suit, Tucker making space scenes and tons of pretend play in the stars.
Julia would hug Charlie during "blast off", and Tucker would be mission control.
Oh, and here are some Tucker quotes.
Tucker: Why did Saturn go to the fair? ... Because he heard there was a ring toss! :)
Today as I was reading Tucker walked in and said, "Mommy."
Mommy: "Tucker, I'm in the middle of reading, is this important?"
Tucker: Yes, I need to know the name of the planet that orbits around Pollux.
Mommy: What is Pollux- I don't know what you are talking about.
Tucker: Mommy, you know- it's a star! It's bigger than our Sun, but smaller than Regal! I just can't remember the name of the planet that orbits it!
While I was doing schoolwork with Julia I hear a crash and scream upstairs.
Mommy: What's going on up there?!
Tucker: Nothing Mommy, we're just trying to have a little fun. :)
Charlie walked through the room holding scissors.
Mommy: Charlie what are you doing with those scissors?
Charlie: Taking them to Tucker, he needs them!
Mommy: Tucker, what do you need scissors for?
Tucker from the other room: Oh Mommy you know I love a little crafting. :)
At lunch today we were playing 20 questions where the person can only answer yes and no questions for you to discover who they are. When it was Tucker's turn we soon realized that he was a planet.
Mommy: Are you a planet?
Tucker: Yes!
Mommy: Are you an inner planet?
Tucker: No.
Marky: Are you an outer planet?
Tucker: No.
Mommy: Time out. Tucker, is this planet even in the Milky Way?
Tucker: Um, no ma'am.
All of us: (sigh)
We have since learned that we can't play guessing games when he leaves our galaxy. :)


















No comments:
Post a Comment