Saturday, January 30, 2016

This and that

Juliabug is on an artistic kick.  She drew this yesterday just for fun.  



She was copying this painting in the dining room that was painted by Memaw.

And I love this spider sitting on a web and catching a fly that she made out of modeling clay.

Speaking of which, why have I never gotten modeling clay before?  It's awesome- it doesn't dry out or make little crumbly pieces everywhere like playdough.  The children had a blast with it.


 


Tucker's solar system.....of course.  :)



Pope Francis has declared this Church year the Jubilee Year of Mercy and encouraged all the faithful to seek a plenary indulgence by walking through the doors of Mercy at designated spots (as well as completing the other things- confession, no attachment to sin, etc.).   The doors symbolize that God's arms of mercy are always open for us to come home.  The children and I went this week.   In our diocese the doors were put on our home parish.  They changed the usual cut glass doors with these beautiful wooden doors with meaningful symbols.


Tucker got a hair cut at Sports Clips this week and the lady gelled his bangs back.  He looked like Mr. Cool.


 Charliebear made this polar bear at co-op.  He wikes it. :)


Last night I read this book to the children.

Then we watched this movie.

They were excited it was a story by Hans Christian Anderson because last Friday we watched this movie-


We have started this book and it's almost over all of our heads in parts.  But we are pushing through to challenge ourselves.  

We completed "The Storybook of Science" in December.  It's probably one of my all-time favorite science books and I will reread it in a few years with Tucker and Charlie.  Now we have started his "sequel" The Secret of Everyday Things.    It's in the same format- with Uncle Paul explaining things to his nieces and nephews.  We love it.


Well we are off to a basketball game!

1 comment:

Jennifer McShea said...

I'm so thankful that you post all these resources!!