Monday, January 11, 2016

This and that

Just getting the pictures off my phone with this post.  Here is Daddy reading to the children on the Feast of Epiphany.



We read these books and I love them all!


Marc had his best basketball game ever on Saturday!  It was a low point game, but he managed to get two baskets, one free-throw and TONS of rebounds and steals.  We were all shocked and thrilled!

 On Sunday Shana's baby girl Victoria was baptized!  Matt read a little blessing and verse and began with, "Victoria, we waited for you for three years."  BB and I cried because it was so precious! :)



When I came out from getting dressed this morning I found this scene.  Tucker has used his magnetic tape to make a whole solar system for the fireplace grate.  I saw three asteroid belts and said, "I know about the asteroid belt and the Kuiper belt- what's the third one?"    He said, "oh those are just my Trojan asteroids."  Yes, I looked it up- that's a thing.  I learn something new every day.  :)


 

We finished "A Wrinkle in Time" today.  Wow I enjoyed that book.  I didn't know if I would like science fiction, but I surely did.  I cried at the end.  Marc and Julia started laughing and said, "Mommy are you crying again like you did at the end of 'Little Britches'?'  And I said, "yes- I am responding correctly- why aren't you crying!?"  :)

Marky had basketball tonight and we stayed and watched the 1 1/2 hours.  I realized how good the children are at entertaining themselves.  I never bring them anything to do and I don't have even one game on my phone, but they always play happily.  Tonight they made ice cream cones.  :)



No comments: