Saturday, August 13, 2016

Charlie at five

I realized I never wrote a birthday post for Charlie.  This blog is as close as I have to a baby book so I want to keep records.  :)

Charliebear, at age five you are nothing but a delight to this family. 



You are such a sweet, sweet boy.  You are gentle and kind and super cuddly.  You love everybody and everything- you are almost always in a good mood.  You're very calm.  You always want to help- you love to go grocery shopping with me and you love to cook dinner. 





Teaching you to read was easy as pie.  Teaching you anything is easy- you are a very bright boy and want to obey.   I want to put down all the things you know at five, but it's just too much.  Basically you know everything that Tucker knows!  He works with you to make sure you know your geography, space knowledge, states, capitols, countries, flags, chess, animal facts, skip counting.  You love to watch him do his math lessons.   I'm not technically doing history with you this year, but you always answer the questions I'm asking the others because you are quietly absorbing everything around you.   And you are wise beyond your age- you can understand abstract ideas.


You go with the flow and don't mind going second or having second choice.  You have a great sense  of direction.  You have a good memory- you say, "Wemember, Mommy?"  You and Tucker are best friends and are together almost 24/7. You absolutely adore him!



Even though you are so gentle and mild, you still are all boy.  You love sports of all kinds, you love wrestling,  you love lego, and you love superheroes!    You attack Marky all the time.  He will just be sitting and then out of nowhere here comes the Charliebull to tackle him!   Also, you are prone to wander off.  Your science teacher lost you one day; your vacation Bible school teacher lost you one day.  You will just wander off quiet as a mouse.  We have to keep our eyes on you!


Everyone in our family adores you.  Marc and Julia are always smiling at your little baby voice.  Your voice is about the cutest thing ever.  It melts my heart.  You have the sweetest smiling eyes.  When you are laughing I can't see your eyes at all!



You are the shyest of all of us, and if you are wearing a costume and we mention it you immediately take if off.  If you are singing and I mention it you stop.  You blush when people talk to you.   We love your two big dimples.  We just love you to pieces- thank you, Lord, for this angel baby!  Happy Birthday sweet boy!


1 comment:

holly said...

Oh sweet Charlie, happy birthday! What a joy and pleasure it is for me to see you grow!