
We've been having Beckon Landing (BB and Poppy's farm) watermelon for dessert at night. Charlie said, "You know, when I was at BB and Poppy's I saw wittle baby watermewons in the garwden." I said, "these are those watermelons all grown up!" and he smiled his squinty-eyed smile that melts my heart. We have reading and prayer time on the porch almost every night after supper. The other night it poured down rain and we felt so cozy reading together. We've started the Bantry Bay series. We're currently almost done with The Cottage at Bantry Bay.
Speaking of books we like- Marc just finished his 3rd Horatio Hornblower book and loved it. It's set during the Napoleonic Wars and full of adventure.
By the way I chose those books because of this post on one of my favorite blogs. I have found her book recommendations to always be spot on! And speaking of learning- we are sort of back in the saddle here at Ayers Academy. :) Marc is in 7th grade- what?! He's in Prealgebra this year- it's getting real people! The good news is I still have my little kindergartener- I just love teaching the little guys.
Last night we had a family chess tournament. The children loved it! While shaking hands, Tucker said, "Best of luck to you, Sir." :)
And for the record- Daddy is still reigning champion. It will take some time for someone to beat him, but it will be a real accomplishment when they do!


























No comments:
Post a Comment