Saturday, August 6, 2016

This and that

I walked into the kitchen and was shocked to see this little elf on the shelf. :)   I said, "Tell me what I'm looking at here."  He said, "Oh nothing, I just thought I'd make myself a bit of peanut butter toast."  And he did.  :)




Speaking of shocking things in the kitchen, it seems my kitchen is now a science lab.  Marc is doing Apologia General Science this year and he has chosen to do every single experiment in the book.  I walked into water boiling yesterday and said, "What are you doing?!!!" and he said, "learning about atomic movement."  And there's a lot of "Mommy, I need a red cabbage and a beaker- do we have that?"  I can tell this is going to keep me busy.


This week the children had their well-child check ups.  Everyone did well.  Julia and Charlie went on one day.  They are both in the 90-97% for height. 


Charlie hardly cried when he got his shots. However, Julia needed to give a little blood sample, and I'm not even going to put on here how horribly that went.  Suffice it to say, she did not give blood, and we are going to have to go back with Daddy sometime to get the sample and apologize to the lab techs. 

Marc and Tucker did well.  Marc is 5'8 and 138 lbs at age 12- way off the chart.  Tuck Tuck was in the 75% for height- in our family he's the little guy. 


Thursday evening they had the most beautiful Mass to pray for vocations to the priesthood.  There were many priests, deacons and seminarians on the altar. 






No comments: