Monday, August 22, 2016

Sunday pics and Marc's story about Tucker




I know I am not objective at all, but I think Marc is just the sweetest and most earnest boy.  He works so hard and always tries to do the right thing.  We went to Chuck E Cheese with friends on Friday, and Marc helped the children count the tickets and figure out what prizes they could get.  It was a big job that took diplomacy skills.  :)  The cashier came and said, "This boy is amazing, Mom.  I can't get over how responsible and kind he is with these little children.  I was so impressed- I can't get over how mature he is."

He is working through the second half of Writing With Skill as his writing program this fall, and I love it.  We've done all of Susan Wise Bauer's writing and grammar programs and highly recommend them.  I was grading some of his work today and found one from earlier that I had overlooked.  It was in the biography section of his binder- there was a biography of Dickens, Shakespeare, and this one on Tucker.  Talk about bringing a tear to my eye.  (typed out below)




     My little brother is named Tucker.  He has curly hair, a roundish face with a dimple, and a smile.  His mood is almost always happy, but sometimes he has trouble with his temper.  He has an extremely good self-taught knowledge of flags, countries, U.S.A. states, and space.  He has lots of energy, and has a hard time sitting still.  He has a very long attention span, and will play with something another kid would have abandoned a long time before.
     Tucker loves to make crafts, and our floors are covered in them.  He makes state and country flags, U.S.A. maps, and solar systems.  He would never stop unless he had to. 
     Tucker loves to play outside.  He can climb very well.  He climbs higher than the rest of us in our fig tree.  He likes to jump on the trampoline.  He is willing to have himself launched by me.  He is very brave. 
     Whenever people are around Tucker, he tends to make them happy.  He is not mean, and is not shy.  In fact, he will not wait to be introduced, but does it himself!  He makes friends with most people he meets.  He is a good brother. 

Marky, that was so precious- you melted Mommy's heart.  Tuckerman, you are so blessed to have siblings who adore you.   *Editors note:  After posting this I mentioned it to Marc Jr and he said, "I don't remember writing that- oh- that must of been that thing I wrote last year."  Apparently he wrote this in 6th grade at age 11.  Still sweet. 


You had a good day today.  You asked to do your work out on the porch- just the two of us.  It was my treat!  Everyone knows the porch is my happy place. 



You are looking more like your Daddy every day.  :)

And Daddy apparently took this pic as he was leaving this morning.  I had no idea.  It might be the only picture of me teaching we have. 


No comments: