Sunday, August 11, 2019

This and that, golf and bonnets

Angel girl had on one of her big sister's dresses this morning along with her new monogrammed bonnet.  :)  We were in a huge hurry so I just grabbed a few quick picks on the driveway!









 This is how she falls asleep with her bonnet on.  It's like a nice eye-mask keeping things dark.  :)


Julia, Tucker and Charlie went to our church's Children's Schola 1/2 day camp.  These children sing so beautifully- all Latin chant.  They are learning to sing all the Mass parts and the breviary.


They sang at Mass on Friday afternoon and Tucker had a beautiful solo!  I wish I had pictures or video!

Meanwhile, Marc and his friends went to a 4-day golf camp.  He has never played golf ever, but really wanted to learn.   He had a great time and learned a new skill.  

 


The three boys stained our front door yesterday.  It's nice having boys who can really work!

 ]
And the door looks so much better! 

I am pretty sure these two have played chess every day this summer. 



This picture was taken on another day- I heard Tucker mumbling to himself in the study.  I went in and he had out a chess book with various moves and plays and he was recreating the moves on his chess board.  :)

The boys had a special Fraternus dinner this past week with a former member of the Pope's Swiss Guard!  They learned a lot.  To be in the Swiss guard (which are armed and dangerous- don't let the uniform fool you), you must be a Catholic Swiss citizen, between the ages of 18-35 and at least 5'8.  They go through basic training.  The group was founded in 1506 to guard the Pope.  Very interesting!


Tucker is so excited to be old enough to attend Fraternus events this year.  He jumped right in to their dodge ball game.  The group meets once a week during the school year and has dodge ball, dinner, large group message (usually a poignant movie clip is shown) and then squad times.  Confession is offered during the evening.  Afterwards they meet in the Church to pray Compline.  


Last night the Knights of Columbus gave every altar server boy (including our three) free tickets to the baseball game.  Daddy took them and I stayed home with baby.   They had a lot of fun.



The little boys always play on this hill and roll down. 

Best friends-




What I love is how the baseball stadium was built right beside the Children's Hospital- the children in the hospital can watch the games and see the fireworks!


No comments: