Tonight I went to a surprise party for one of my closest friends, Christy. It has been so much fun for all my age friends to turn 30 with surprises. We had BBQ from Christy's dad- a caterer, and cake and champagne (no chapagne for me). Anyway- they had a slide show and we were supposed to send in pics of us with her. This one made me laugh. It's from a 1996 ski trip to Ski Rio and that's us with our two "chaperones" i.e. two random guys from our church that agreed to take the youth group- we never saw them again. How come my ski boots are ugly white and they all have cool black ones. I mean, did they bring theirs? I look like I rented mine from Sunshine Skating rink.

Here's a Disney choir trip in 1995- good times, girl, good times.
4 comments:
Love the pictures. "Sunshine skating rink ski boots" are hilarious.
Happy birthday, Christy. You are so precious...now and then and always. What a blessed year this is for you!
All these pictures lately have surely made me miss having girl laughter all through my house! Thank heaven for little girls, they grow up in the most delightful way!
Girl- thank you!! 30 has been a blast so far, huh?
I love the picture of us in disney world...hard to believe there was a time when i didn't pluck my eyebrows.
i love you! Here's to the next 30!!
p.s. thanks for the birthday wishes, Ms. Becky. i hope i see you again soon. it's always a treat. :)
All I remember about that ski trip is a bloody nose and moosh's ray ban sunglasses.
oh my. i just laughed out loud in a coffee shop when i read about your boots and the two random guys. I don't remember them at all. Then I laughed again at amanda's comment. good times.
Post a Comment