
Last night in my evening prayers I read this poem that touched me. This past weekend I completed my 90 hours of training to be a catechist for catechesis of the good shepherd, and this truth, that Christ is my faithful Shepherd, is more precious to me now than ever.
Where briars grow, unwary sheep,
Befogged by hungry need,
Entangled fleece in thicketswhere
We only thought to feed.
The Shepherd comes to set us free
From snares of piercing thorn.
Released, we are made whole, but look--
The Shepherd's hands are torn.
On every bare and rocky height,
The sheep in safety graze.
God shelters us from wind and rain
And from the sun's bright blaze.
The Shepherd pastures us in peace,
To living waters leads.
All hurts now healed, we are at rest--
But see! The Shepherd bleeds.
For he has other sheep than these,
Who have not heard his voice,
But when the last are gathered in
The heavens will rejoice:
The saints who crowd the gates of God
Stand waiting to extol
The last sheep found, for then, ah! look--
The Shepherd is made whole!
"The lost I will seek out, the strayed I will bring back, the injured I will bind up, the sick I will heal, shepherding them rightly." Ez. 34:16




4 comments:
Love it, D! That is an awesome image. Congrats on your training!
That is beautiful Donna. That really needs to be a daily reminder for me.
We started some of our sonlight science experiments this week. You have go to order the K Science for marky. He will LOve it!!
donna, your family is absolutely beautiful. all looks well with you guys.
i found your blog by following a trail left by amanda. the internet can be a little scary.
brent
This is great info to know.
Post a Comment