So this morning we had a l0t of fighting in the house. Marky and Julia just kept pushing each other's buttons and fighting, fighting, fighting over everything. It is so exhausting when they get like that. I even called Marc at work to have him talk to Marky on the phone. Then when I talked to Marc myself I said "I'm just waiting for the day when he protects her- not fights her."
Fast forward to tonight. We had dinner at Chick Fil A tonight (on an unrelated note I've had an awful stomach bug and been off my feet the past two days and we went there so I could get chicken noodle soup and the kids could play). They were in the playground and Julia walked out whining about something with her arm. We kissed it and she ran back inside the playground and seemed happy. Then we noticed Marky yelling at these two girls (they were probably 8 and 9) and shaking his finger at them. Marc immediately jumped up and got on to him and said "why are you yelling at these girls?" And he said, "Daddy these girls have been hitting Julia on the arm with their shoes." The girls said, "well, that little girl touched our shoes" and Marc said, "have you been hitting her?" and they said, "ummm.....uhhh..." Marc quickly told them that Julia was just a two-year-old baby and couldn't have harmed their shoes by touching them and then they ran out. Marky all the while was saying "she's just a baby- you can't hit her." It's the first time I've ever seen him defend her, and I was so proud-- especially since he was "getting onto" kids much older and bigger than him. I've been waiting for this moment. I know they will probably fight tomorrow- but I'm glad to know that Marky will jump in when OTHER kids pick on his Sissybug.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




12 comments:
Isn't it great...my kids are the same. Some days I feel like I should be wearing black and white stripes w/ a whistle around my neck...but no one else is allowed to get in on the action. That is so sweet that he was willing to take on bigger kids...SO SWEET!
It is such a love hate thing....I can fight with her and pick on her all I want because she is MINE but don't you dare lay a hand on her!!!! I see this with Jake and Brady every day.
How sweet!
Love your new song..."I get to come home to you". The gift of families, even with fussing, is the greatest gift of God outside of his Son!
that is the sweetest thing ever...I just pictured him in his shining armor waving his sword at thos big mean girls!
That is awesome. Way to go Big Brother! My house is the same way and out in the big world they both will defend the other one. Too Sweet!
I LOVE that! How sweet!
Big brothers are SO great!!!
awww..what a proud moment for you! that is really sweet!
That is wonderful!
Ever since you posted a while back about telling Marc to be Julia's defender w/ sword, etc, I've remembered it. And now that Owen is not too fond of Harris (stealing toys, etc), I've been telling him that. I love it! There is a long road ahead with siblings, but it sounds like you and they are off to a great start!!
that is soo sweet!
i know you are a proud mama!
hope all is well, and you feel better.
shannon
that is so great. even though elle is the big sister, i'm always trying to help her learn to look out for grady and take care of him, instead of knocking him down about 15 times a day. one day, maybe he'll be big enough to defend her even though he's "little brother". sweet story. thanks for sharing.
Post a Comment