Tonight was our first soccer GAME...and I'm happy to report we won- 5-4! It's all that great coaching by daddy! I learned several things tonight:
1) Marky's hair curls in the back when he sweats.
2) He knows how to hustle and is a good defender
3) He knows how to throw a little smacktalk around "i'm gonna get that ball from you- watch out- I'm going to the goal" (I didn't expect that one at all)
4) Julia's tubby little tummy is a bottomless pit- she ate two cereal bars, two boxes of raisins, a bag of cookies and that's all I had packed. Once the food was gone she was done sitting around and we had to do laps around the field.
5) We have to have a 'snack schedule' for the parents b/c apparently kids cannot play a 30- minute-long game without organized snackage. And apparently I have to volunteer in the "concession stand" next week b/c we can't expect all the teams to play 30-minute long games without a concession stand open and volunteer moms (and one hungry two-year-old) working in it.
6) I enjoy this soccer mom stuff and peanut butter coookies at Subway after the game are absolutely divine!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




4 comments:
Lovin' Marky's smack talk! So funny!
I mean, seriously, what would the kids do without a snack? Last week after our game, the snack was kool-aid and m&m chocolate chip cookies. SO healthy after exercising, right? Sad thing was, one of our sweet kiddos on the team is allergic to peanuts and couldn't even have it. SAD!!!
Sounds like you have a little eater on your hands. I do too! Isn't it amazing how much those little bodies can hold?
First off, soccer was uber fun for Sagefats, who played in every spring and fall Y league from 83-88, even though I was quite terrible at it. I highly recommend it.
Secondly - OH YEAH! Breakin 2!! I also re-watched it recently and crowned it one of the best worst movies of all time. You can't beat Turbo (aka Boogaloo Shrimp) and Ozone (aka Shabba Doo)! Ozone's gravity-defying dancing scene in his room: cinematic masterpiece! Unfortunately Breakin' 2 was released probably one month after breakdancing was officially dead in the US - because not too long after this, Don Ameche was breakdancing in the first Coccoon movie. Yup, breakin' was dead.
Also interesting of note, Breakin' 2 also stars veteran character actor and blues singer Harry Ceasar (The Longest Yard, 1974), and none other than the Original Gangster himself, Ice-T!! Although a far cry from gangster rap, T was not ashamed to appear in both Breakin' movies, as well as an episode of Fame!
Well my bad, according to Joe Schell's Festville.com, breakin' is not dead:
Breakin it down for the Lord
ha! welcome to the world of little league! i've been pregnant or chasing a little one around the baseball fields for a few years now. enjoy ;)
and, no matter how many snacks i pack, hadley eats them all, and is still eyeballing the nachos of the poor kid sitting next to us.
Post a Comment