Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving and all that jazz....


Hi! Took a week off from blogging- but I had a good excuse- we've been SO busy! First- last week I was a bridesmaid in a wedding (yes, robust as I am I still waddled down the aisle). So- Thursday was prep day, Friday was prayer service/bridesmaids luncheon and rehearsal dinner and then Saturday was wedding brunch, wedding and reception. I wish I had pictures to share- it was a beautiful wedding. The bride is a dear friend of mine and it is so amazing to go to a wedding for people you truly believe are meant to be together and are going to make Christ the center of their lives. They are in Rome, Italy on their honeymoon right now. All this stuff happened while my husband was in Washington D.C. at a conference. How did I manage? BB!!!!! What would I do without BB? She is the most amazing grandmother ever. She basically had "preschool" while I was gone. She taught the kids Thanksgiving songs, made Indian headdresses, had a little Thanksgiving with "maize" (canned corn) and "Indian berry pudding" (Dora the explorer yogurt- she does favor an Indian). BB also helped me nest some more and get Christmas gifts bought and wrapped.
As for the picture above, what can I say? This was our SECOND trip to Santa that day and Julia was not having it. Santa literally had to hide behind the set while I got the kids settled in the chair and then it became clear I was going to have to stay. Obviously I had NO INTENTION WHATSOEVER of having my picture made that day- but I had taken the time to get them dressed and grandma was in town- so we were getting it done. You can see little bit's tear-filled eyes. She had said "Santa all gone?" and I said yes and then he peeked around and right before they took the picture she saw him standing behind us. I was in the middle of saying something to distract her when this became our Santa 2008 picture.
And as for Thanksgiving, we had it here at my house last night. My parents and grandparents from Virginia were here and we are so thankful for our wonderful family and friends.

1 comment:

Amy said...

What a precious picture with santa.