Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Baby come back

Well my sweet angel is gone. BB took her home with her on Monday and will bring her back Friday. We all miss her so much. She truly is the sunshine of the house- she's always in a good mood and makes us smile. BB says she has not asked for us once and is having the best time being an "only" child. I think it's so good for her to get that one-on-one attention- she gets to watch the movies SHE likes and get tons of stories read to her.
Meanwhile, we are trying to find stuff to do that is special with Marky and Tucker. Monday night he got to finally finish the first Star Wars movie. (It was a mind-blowing treat for him!) Then yesterday I took them to the Natural History Museum in Anniston. Marky loved it- he will tell you it was "awesome". It's VERY masculine museum with LOTS of dead animals and dinosaurs and caves.
And I mean- indoor caves that look SO real and are dripping water. Who needs DeSoto caverns?
There's a kiddie section where we learned about fossils and he practiced fossil-rubbing with a crayon.
You ever get the feeling you are being watched? You will in this museum. I'm telling you- there are LOTS of dead animals. Smile, everybody-
And yes, this is the predator section where the wolves are going to eat this giant deer thing. I guess it's no worse than Bass Pro Shop.
It's actually very cool and they have REAL mummies (we loved that and bought a book on ancient Egypt). Next door to the Natural History Museum is the Berman World History Museum, which we also went to. It has tons of weapons- even ancient weapons and armour (including real knight armour- who do you think loved that). They also have Napoleon's dressing kit that he used while Emperor. I think that's amazing. Anyway- if you are looking for a fun jaunt give it a try. As for Chubby Baby T- he just slept the day away. I love this little butter bean.

3 comments:

Hillary @ The Other Mama said...

Awww. Some manly time without Julia bug. She will be so happy when she gets home and I know you will be, too! Those getaways are a fun treat. You know BB is loving it!
Now you get a taste of what it's like at my house with 3 boys- except without all the dead animals staring at you.
SO great to talk with you today!

sagefats said...

star wars! train up your child...

that is awesome. next stop: space camp.

matt allen said he left lucy alone for a little while the other day and when he went upstairs to check on her, she was watching the empire strikes back and loving it. later on that day, she was humming "the imperial march."

Amy said...

Okay, I expected to see a picture of your mop sending you a box of chocolates or something like in the commercials.
I want to go places with you. You have to be one of the most fun moms.
Great pics and the look on your mom's face is priceless.