Sunday, February 15, 2009

Blessed Assurance

Today, our precious Tucker was baptized into the grace and love of God's family. Here is the day in pictures-
Tucker McIntire I baptize you in the name of the Father, and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit....
As we lay him on the altar, we give back to the Lord what He has so graciously given to us...
Bathed in grace- the parents, Deacon and Godparents
Now for the reception celebration- a BBQ dinner!

BB was on hand to celebrate
Great friends.....





The cake-
Our favors- heart-shaped candy boxes that read "Tucker McIntire, Baptized Feb. 15, 2009, "I have called you by name, you are Mine." Amen! "Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for to such belongs the kingdom of God." Luke 18:16

Praise to Thee, Lord Jesus Christ!

4 comments:

Hillary @ The Other Mama said...

Amen and Amen, sista! What a wonderful way to celebrate and honor God with the lives of our children.
And I can't believe that you had a huge church hall shindig afterwards! WOW! When did mama have time to do this?? Love the cross cake and the adorable party favors.
And I'm sure Tucker was perfect. Have they all worn the same baptismal gown?

The McNeills said...

May the Lord bless and keep Tucker and all of you!

B-Mama said...

God bless you, sweet Tucker! You have beautiful, amazing godparents too!! We approve! :)

Anonymous said...

Donna, this was the most touching and holy infant baptism I've ever attended. Thank you and Marc for raising my grandchildren in such a godly environment. Deacon Renoir was the perfect instrument for the occasion...when he lay Tucker on the alter, the tears fell! I thought of Hannah's words: "I prayed for this child, and the LORD has granted me what I asked of him. So now I give him to the LORD. For his whole life he will be given over to the LORD." And he worshiped the LORD there. 1 Samuel 1:26-28
Love you all...eternally.
BB