
Well, as you can see- Tucker is very upset about the spending, I mean stimulus, bill passed by the Senate. He can't believe the three RINOs caved and voted for this madness. He (and I) are about done with Arlen Specter...WHY do they call him a Republican? Tucker is not anti-stimulus bill- it may save us from disaster- he's anti-pork which all these bills in all their forms have been full of. It's the "
$1.5 billion for carbon-capture projects, $1.3 billion for NASA, and $75 million for the Smithsonian Institution, among many other earmarks", that don't seem like real “economic stimulus", not to mention the creation of a "National Coordinator of Health." But what's done is done and we can only hope the House Republicans can somehow clean it up even more before we all write a check out of our kids' and grandkids' accounts.
National Review had some ideas on cleaning up the bill, including increasing the child credit to $5,000. Now that's stimulus baby Tucker could get behind. That, and free pacifiers at interstate rest stops.

On a happier note (see his happier face), Mama is getting herself together. I joined weight watchers today for the third time- I always go after I have a baby. It's so easy and I lose weight quickly when I commit and do it. I have a close friend going and we laughed this morning about being in a group meeting. She said, "we are in a meeting....for weight loss" in a voice that told me she was very uncomfortable. Our inner dialogue:
Me: "Hi- I'm Donna...and my pants are tight."
Group: "Hi Donna!" My friend was shocked that there were almost no truly obese people in the room- most had to lose probably 10 to 20 pounds and the rest were thin people who just kept coming to maintain (unless they are planted there to make us think that). Oh- and I went to a spin class with Shana yesterday- that is just foolishness- I feel like I'm walking like a cowboy. Next adventure-
Zumba class. Viva la skinny!
1 comment:
ha ha! I dont know if you can see when i comment behind comments you leave me, but I wish you and my little sister all the success. I know you both can do it. On another note....Tucker actually looks like Mark! Keep up the spirit and have faith...
Post a Comment