Monday, February 23, 2009

Weekend Fun

Well my parents brought Sissy back on Friday and we had a great time seeing them. Then on Saturday my grandparents drove down from Virginia to meet Tuckerboy for the first time. He put on a good show- he loved all the attention and was never put down. Here he sitting with Memaw and flirting with BB. He knows how to work the ladies. I love, love, love family time and nothing makes me happier than a room filled with loved ones.

Early Saturday morning we went to a lenten retreat, which was wonderful. The talk was about marriage. The priest explained that the Bible begins with marriage, Jesus' public ministry began at a marriage and the Bible ends with the marriage feast of the Lamb. All of us are called to marriage to Christ, which was were so beautifully reminded of at our sweet Tucker's baptsim as we dressed him in his white bridal gown. The speaker had all the couples in the room stand and recite their wedding vows. It was such a beautiful exercise. Looking at my husband of almost 8 years and with whom I have three children and saying "I promise to love you and honor you" and "for better or for worse" is so meaningful. Eight years in we have more of an idea of what those words mean and how hard it can be to honor each other day in day out. It is a daily dying to self. We aren't in the lovey, dovey dating phase of life. We have moved into the nitty gritty up-all-night with the baby phase of life where our time is not our own. Daddy is working long hours at work and then coming home to serve his family. I love him now, not because he's cute and funny, but because we are in the thick of things and he is laying his life down for all of us. We are on our journey to heaven and I'm so grateful for my partner.
In other news, Tucker has taken to playing golf and hanging at the country club- at least that's what his outfit seems to indicate. Here he is before church Sunday. I kept trying to lean him back on the pillow, but he kept trying to sit up. He doesn't realize he's a newborn. I'm so in love with this little butter bean. I mean, look at that face, wouldn't you want to kiss him all day too?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh my gosh! he already looks more grown up than just the other day...aunt shana needs to see him again...stat. :)

Hillary @ The Other Mama said...

It's like he's getting in a few push ups before he heads out to the links.
And the retreat sounds awesome! That's great!

Hillary @ The Other Mama said...

I meant sit ups.