Sunday, February 1, 2009

Home and Back

Hello friends- long time no blog. I went home to the port city to see my folks this week. I had the best time- believe it or not the car ride was great and everybody behaved well. I only had to stop one time on the way down and one time on the way back to change diapers and feed Tucker. Going to my parents house is always an adventure for my kids. My parents adore them and do all they can to entertain them. For instance they let them dig up their garden and plant sunflower seeds....no, not real sunflower seeds...the salted ones from the pantry.

Then they got to move all the rocks by the pool....
Poppy hooked up his trailer to the riding lawnmower and rode them around the yard (they LOVED that)....
BB and Poppy also have fun toys like golf and croquet that they love....
We also went to Chuck E Cheese, the park, different playgrounds...we stayed busy and had fun. As for Tucker, he was pretty much held by somebody most of the time. Here he is in his favorite spot-
As an extra treat I got to go to a baby shower for Jen! It was so nice to see her and other friends including bloggers Merrill and Shannon. She looks beautiful and her nursery is adorable- I hope she will blog it! Also- she can still wear her rings in her 9th month...what in the world? Where is the swelling?

I've had so many things on my mind that I want to talk about. One topic is Esther from the Bible. I went with my mom to her Beth Moore study on Esther while I was home and it was so good. She was talking about how Esther was resistant to Mordecai at first when he wanted her to approach the king about saving the Jews. And Mordecia said "For if you remain silent at this time, relief and deliverance for the Jews will arise from another place, but you and your father's family will perish. And who knows but that you have come to royal position for such a time as this?" This was why she was where she was. It seemed like too much, but God had put her there for that purpose and she could either be part of His plan or not. I thought about motherhood and how overwhelming cooking, cleaning, teaching, loving, and serving can be. It's almost like it's too many things for one woman to do, but God has put us in this position for such a time as this. I can either buck up and lay down my life for my family and see God's plan for my family and my own sanctification worked out or I can be selfish and sinful and whine about all that's on my plate and miss the blessing. Anyway- I need to run...we'll talk more soon.

4 comments:

Amy said...

Tucker is so cute. I am glad that he is an easy baby. I am so with you on the Esther idea. I am constantly telling God - you promised this would not be more than I can handle and I don't want to miss it so give me the strength to make it through. I love reading you blog - it always encourages me!!!

Kris and Stacey said...

DONNA, I wish I had known you were home last week. We were too. We had a blast!! I hate we missed each other. OH well. Maybe next time. I love your take on Esther. Overwhelmed at the task of motherhood is where I have been the past few weeks. I LOVE it don't get me wrong. It is just so constant. It is so encouraging to know I am not the only one with these feelings. I am amazed at your beautiful transition to three babies.

Grandmothers are the best. We are both so blessed with Godly mothers. I even got a little teary eyed leaving mine. I am such a mama's baby.

holly said...

Wow, I am VERY impressed you made that trip! I guess it is 3 hours longer for me, but you are a brave woman! I've heard great things about that Esther study from some friends.

Amy said...

I love the new pics of your three little ones!
I so badly needed to be reminded to enjoy the blessing of where the Lord has me in life. It's not that I don't love where I am, it's just that I get overwhelmed and anxious. How do John & Kate do it?(There on t.v. right now.)
We are some truly blessed mommies!
So glad your trip went well.