It seems I always blog on a Monday. Just wanted to point that out. Anyway- BB came up Friday and brought my sweet Marky home. They had a great week and went 90 to nothing doing all of Marky's favorite things. On Saturday, my sweet hubby let Mom and I have a girls' day and shop all day. Mom deserved it after having kept at least one of my kids for two weeks. We went and had the portraits framed- tada:


Didn't they turn out well? I'm so excited. They are hung together over the couch in the den. Then we spent the day looking at antique stores and strolling around cute shops and the mall and having lunch in Mt. Brook. She left this morning right after I took Tuckerboy for his 6 month check up. He weighs 21 lbs and it 29 1/2 inches long. My big chunk of love. He is doing all the cute 6-month-old tricks like sitting up and babbling...playing the piano.....

I heard the most awesome sermon on Sunday (found
here). I've been overwhelmed with the thought of homeshooling my kids and somehow keeping my house reasonably clean and keeping some form of healthy supper on the table all while not losing my mind. It really seemed
impossible. There's just no way to do it- kind of like feeding 5,000 with a boy's lunch. And on my own strength there is no way I could do it, but God is in the multiplication business- you give him what you have and he multiplies it beyond what you can imagine. Now one trillion times zero is zero so if I give him nothing, I can't expect much. But if I give him water- I may end up with wine. He will make my effort much more than it was. So I'm excited and hopeful that if I am faithful to give my meager offerings to God- not just my "good work" efforts, but my "overcoming sin" effots, He will multiply it in a way that blesses me and those around me.
7 comments:
the pictures look great!!! we had the boys done in central park and i can't wait to get them framed. I found a blog today i am reading through. U might enjoy it - google preschoolers and peace. She talks about homeschooling with preschoolers. I am enjoying it so far.
thanks for the encouraging words. i'll try to download the sermon to listen to on our big family vacation (which I keep trying not to stress over, it's a vacation, right?)
Loved my visit, loved this message! Jesus does bless and multiply my efforts, and often brings miraculous results. But, I can't be a "welfare Christian" (I just made that word up I think). I can't sit back, do nothing, and expect the Lord to fix me, bless me, and work miracles in spite of my spiritual laziness and disobedience. Though I know I've done that very thing more times than I can count! How blessed I am to have a savior who is patient with me, and doesn't give up trying to teach me. Jesus is the best Special Education teacher of all.
"God is in the multiplication business."
I like that. I like that a lot.
Donna, loved all this too. You have great, inspirational thoughts--just what I needed to read at just the right time! Thanks!
I'm late on the potty post comment front--but just wanted to put a second vote in for "they'll do it when they're ready". Sounds like you have pulled all the tricks to no avail. No worries, then. You've done your part and now she needs to do hers. I bet when school comes around and the natural consequence of not being potty-trained hits, she'll make it happen. Until then, you'll probably spin wheels.
We are two weeks away from T's 3rd b-day and he's successfully gone on the potty fairly often. When I ask him if he wants to go, though, I get REPEATEDLY, "No, thank you." What am I supposed to say to that? He is politely declining!!!! lol. We've tried the no-pants bit--the result? He poops on the carpet and I am left cleaning it up!!!! Ugh!
He'll do it when he's ready, I'm certain of it. Good luck to you!
We had the same sermon topic. I wonder if Catholics and Methodists are on the same lectionary?
The portraits are AMAZING!! Absolutely beautiful!!
And I think you can do it, D. And I know God can do it. He's still in the miracle bi'ness. :)
so simple yet so true. i tend to offer nothing. thanks for the encouragement.
Post a Comment