Hello. Long time no talk- no real reason- just busy with the day-to-day. Things are good. We started Upward Soccer last week- Marc is coaching- this is the fourth team Marc has coached for Marky. I'm pretty sure our other kids won't have that luxury. Marky tried to give up his viola for Lent. Nice try! The kids actually ended up giving up (or should we say "offering up") secular television for Lent. I've enjoyed it.
We are packing for the move. We thought we had sold our house, but it all fell apart after the inspection (it wasn't a bad inspection- I think the buyer found a different home). So we are back to square one and come the first of April I will be the proud owner of two homes. Please say a prayer that we find a buyer. I'm thrilled with our new home, though, and cannot wait to get in. I'm really hoping to use the opportunity to do a fresh start with home organization and rules. Like, "in THIS house we can't take food out of the kitchen, in THIS house you have to put a toy away before getting another one out, in THIS house toys stay upstairs, and in THIS house we will do 'school' every day without complaining." I understand that this may not happen, but a girl can dream. :)
I'm trying to stay busy with the tasks at hand. I've realized lately that I try to hurry up and finish my "mundane" tasks so I can get to what I want to do. I'm trying to slow down and see that my work is spiritual and beautiful and what I'm supposed to be doing. The Lord says "my yoke is easy and my burden is light" and it is if I focus on carrying what HE has set out for me to carry. When I try to do more than I should I get frustrated and grumpy and overwhelmed. So, for instance, I'm trying to fold the laundry right when it's done and put it away. Not fold it on the couch and then check the computer. That's probably why the blog is slowing down.
On an interesting note, I went to a lecture at Samford University Wednesday night given by Scott Hahh- a former Presbyterian minister who is now a renowned Catholic author. It was wonderful and fascinating. One thing I'd never heard before was that Jesus is the new "Moses". Old Testament Joseph, an upright man who dreamed dreams, was sold into slavery and put in Egypt, which ultimately led to the salvation of Israel. St. Joseph, an upright man who dreamed dreams, took Mary into Egypt to save Jesus and the new Israel- the church. Moses led the Israelites out of Egypt by passing through the red sea and entering the desert for 40 years. Jesus was baptized in the Jordan river and immediately went into the desert to be tempted for 40 days. Moses took three men with him up on a mountain and had his face so transformed by the glory of God that he had to wear a veil. Jesus took three men on the mountain to see His Transformation. Moses brought the Law down from the mountain. Jesus left the desert and went to the mountain to give the Sermon on the Mount...the NEW covenant. There's a lot more- but those were the high points. Anyway, I thought that was fascinating and beautiful.
And now, off to bed- some day we should chat about LOST and the Office, but it not this day. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




3 comments:
I"m right there with you. My priorities at home could use an overhaul as well. Sometimes moves really are a great time for a fresh start. Can't wait to see your new house, it sounds great.
ps.. Grace offered to give up "school" for lent. How nice. :)
I could swim in Scott Hahn's typology. Just profound and amazing. Wish I'd have known he was there. I would've taken the drive!
Obviously I just read this post after the last one. BOOGER about the house! Ugh! I hope you find another buyer really quickly!
Post a Comment