I know you know we are enjoying the new house, but I can't tell you how much I love the OUTSIDE of the new house. It is so peaceful and feels like we are in an enchanted forest. Here is a view from the side porch of our courtyard into the woods on the side of the house- there is a swing with an arbor and a place for a firepit up there with stone pathways.

And we have tons of wisteria- I love wisteria and it's not only beautiful, it smells great. Those bushes below are rose bushes.

And we have a fig tree at the end of the driveway!

And all of this was pruned and spruced up this past week when my AMAZING dad came and put out 20 bales of pinestraw and dug up overgrown shrubs and planted tons of flowers. He also repaired a bunch of stuff and hung up tons of hooks and new fixtures for me and put together bar stools and shelves. BB stayed here two weeks after we moved and let me shop and unpack and we got so much done. She did lots of baby watching and telling me if the picture looked centered If they hadn't been here we'd never have gotten this far. THANK YOU mom and dad!

In addition to the nature near the house, we have a wilderness wonderland in our back yard! I'm so excited- we took a hike in the woods with some friends (one of which is a new neighboor) and got to cross a steam and look for deer tracks. (See Marc's hair is growing in fast!)

The kids explored and mined for gold (good luck with that) and dug out little ponds.


Julia and her buddy jumped back and forth across this stream- yes, they both got filthy.

I'm just so grateful to have land to explore, yet I'm still five minutes from Target. :) Because it's like that
poem says,
Poems are made by fools like me,
But only God can make a tree.

4 comments:
sounds wonderful donna. i love wisteria too! so glad you guys are enjoying your new backyard. happy late birthday to little marc!
Donna, it all looks beautiful! Enjoy!! I can attest that one of our most favorite and rather surprising parts of our new house was the yard. You will enjoy it over and over again--two years later, we are still enamored of it! Many blessings getting settled.
It looks FABULOUS, Donna! That is wonderful- just beautiful and awesome all rolled into one!
this looks amazing....my boys would love it!!!
Post a Comment