Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Two for Tea

Just for memories sake- I want to put on here that Shana and I did go to the governor's mansion on Saturday for the annual tea party! Hats and gloves anyone? The First Lady says go big or go home!
Our table (no forks- finger food, you know)

The tent- why don't ladies dress like this anymore? It's so elegant.

Shana looking like My Fair Lady-



P.S. this is totally an aside- I have called FIFTEEN babysitters (eight of whom I've never met) tonight to find a babysitter for a concert we are going to tomorrow night. I was actually considering driving my kids to Mobile in the morning. I just got a call from a girl who can do it and I literally teared up. How pitiful is that. I was like "um...sniff...hold on...I just want to...um...sniff...thank you so so much". ha!

I mean, should I have to beg people to watch this wittle guy?

6 comments:

The McNeills said...

Those pictures make me miss Alabama! You just can't get Southern charm like that up here! And so glad you got a sitter. I would watch that little guy for you in a heartbeat!

Anonymous said...

donna. I just love you. with all my heart. you are the sweetest best friend in the whole world. I thank God every day for you. really, I do.

Amy said...

God love it! Bring that wittle guy and his siblings to Reeltown. I will keep those babies. Honestly, I don't know what we'd do if we didn't live so close ( 1hr 30mins) to family. We've been so blessed to find a lady in the church who is wonderful with children. She has been a lifesaver for us, but I know she's busy too so I don't want to call her all the time. Anyway, I love this whole tea party thing. The dresses, hats, and gloves...delish! We should bring it all back! Let ladies be ladies.

nick, robyn and taylor said...

How fun!!! Donna, we need to see pictures of you, too. Shana, do it witcho black lace gloves! :) You looked berry pretty!

The Dettling's said...

I may have some new names for you. Let me check with my contact first, and see if they're wanting their names given out. They all have full-time jobs (like nurse & teacher) so I don't know how much sitting they're up for, but I'll let you know. Sorry it's been so hard to find someone! Your children are precious! Everyone should be lining up to care for them!

holly said...

ummm, where is the picture of YOU in your hat and gloves? this looks like an event I would've LOVED! me and hadley wore out hats Easter Sunday, and nobody does this anymore. why?