Before we started we didn't even own a basketball- and we still don't have a goal yet. But Marky caught on quickly.
"Swoosh!!" (Or "Whoosh"- Marc and I have a disagreement to the proper cheering word- at good old Mobile Christian School it was definitely Swoosh.)
Driving it down the court with fire in his eyes. :)
The fan club- Mr. eat-a-lot-of-goldfish-to-sit-still....
And Miss I-only-want-to-sit-in-Daddy's-lap....
On Monday, we took the kids to Montgomery to see the Inauguration. We try to always go. There is a parade and then the swearing in and speeches with an orchestra, a fighter plane flyover and a 21 canon salute. Afterwards we went to the office receptions for all the Constitutional officers and gave them congratulations cards. It's so much fun to go back there- we lived there for three years when we were first married and always see people we knew.
Here are the kids inspecting the National Guard canons. Needless to say, Tucker lost it when they went off! :)We ordered plane tickets to ROME yesterday!!!! We are going in March for our 10-year anniversary. It's well known by my close friends that our honeymoon to Cancun was a comedy of errors, which included me getting very sick in a Mexican clinic. While still in Cancun we promised ourselves that we would go to Rome on our 10-year anniversary and thanks be to God- it's going to happen!!! To say I'm beside myself is the biggest understatement......
Father, I'm coming home! (haha)
We have no plans to do anything but stay in Rome all week and go to mass everyday in a different church and enjoy the incredible, amazing, awesome history of our faith.
Father, I'm coming home! (haha)
We have no plans to do anything but stay in Rome all week and go to mass everyday in a different church and enjoy the incredible, amazing, awesome history of our faith."I tell you, you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church, and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it. I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven, and whatever you bind on earth shall be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.” Matthew 16:18-19






6 comments:
WOW!! ROME??? We were hoping to just get a night away for our 10th!! I'm UBER impressed! AWESOME!!
I am more excited than if we were going again ourselves!!
Congrats to Marky on basketball--get that tall boy into it, quick! And very exciting about Rome! What an awesome plan... Can't wait to hear about the tremendous time you'll have! Blessings!
That's awesome Donna! What a blessing for you both!
Peace and Blessings,
Lori
Don't you just love Upward. Rob runs the one at our church. Two play and one thinks he does.
Rome! Really! That's exciting. Have a wonderful time.
I love your blog!! I just laughed at the "Mr. eating tons of goldfish" comment & "Ms. only wants to sit in Daddy's lap"!!! Sounds exactly like my kiddos! I mean, I've always wanted my little girls to be Daddy's girls, but dang, Momma needs some lovin too!!! ;) And ROME??!! Soooo excited for y'all!! Can't wait to see the amazing pictures & hear all your great stories!
Post a Comment