Saturday, January 29, 2011

Ups and Downs

Yesterday morning was a tough morning for our local princess. She totally embarassed me in several public places and was just having the worst morning, so much that I said to myself, "at least she's cute- we should keep her." :) I was totally worn out. Then we got home and she completely turned it around. She did two reading lessons and completely finished her reading program- she was so proud! Then she and Marky played in the driveway so sweetly for hours and hours. Last night Marc came home a little early and we all played basketball in the driveway on our NEW goal! And then we all went out to celebrate Julia's accomplishment and got everyone's favorite- spaghetti. Afterwards we went to Books A Million so she could pick out a book and sweet Marky said, "can I please buy it for her with my money? I'm so proud of her." So he did. So it went from being one of the worst days to the best. This happens I know- it's just emotionally and physically exhausting. Parenting is not for the faint of heart.
These are old pictures, but I just found the camera we used for the March for Life and want to get them on here so they aren't lost forever.

To see so many people come out in the freezing cold speaks volumes....
I hope we can always go and speak up for those who cannot speak.....
Tucker looked at this and said, "baby!" "it's a baby!". Yes, angel, it is a baby.

Dear Father, Hear and bless Thy beasts and singing birds; And guard with tenderness small things that have no words.

3 comments:

BB said...

So proud of all 5 1/2 of my babies!

holly said...

boy do I know about these days! we have them often. I'm so proud of Julia finishing her book! I want to get Hads started on it, but we have to get her recognizing her letters first. we can't all be as brilliant as tuck man!

Amanda said...

Hey Donna...it's your neighbor Amanda! We really need to get together for a playdate soon! I'd love to hear about your experience with the reading lessons. A friend of mine did that same book, and I have thought about using it with our 4 yr old girl. I'd love to hear your thoughts on it!