Don't Send My Boy Where Your Girl Can't Go
Anonymous
Don't send my boy where your girl can't go,
And say, "There's no danger for boys, you know,
Because they all have their wild oats to sow."
There is no more excuse for my boy to be low
Than your girl. Then please do not tell him so.
This world's old lie is a boy's worst foe--
To hell or the kingdom they each must go.
Don't send my boy where your girl can't go;
For a boy or a girl sin is sin you know;
And my baby boy's hands are as clean and white,
And his heart is as pure as your girl's tonight.
That which sends a girl to the pits of hell
Will send the soul of my boy there as well.
Friday, February 11, 2011
Boys will be boys?
I went through this phase my senior year in college where I went to the library every afternoon and read books and poems written by Puritans. I just couldn't get enough. And I found this poem "Don't send my boy where your girl can't go" and fell in love with it. I even wrote it in my notebook and had it for years and hoped to remember it when I had a son. I lost it and have tried to find it so many times and couldn't- but tonight as I was looking for a poem for a baby shower gift I remembered the first two lines and googled and voila! I found it! This is such a treasure and reminds us that our boys' souls are just as white, pure and precious as our girls'-
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
Love this poem! Amen! I'm writing this one down! Thanks for sharing.
Post a Comment