I don't know what's gotten into me, but I've got a strong urge to nest- already! We moved in this house in April and got it together very quickly and haven't really changed anything since. But now I'm noticing things I want done differently. For instance- this chair that we use at the desk in the kitchen. We got it used on a sidewalk sale and I always meant to recover it. You may not be able to tell it from here.....

but trust me it was dirty and old......

I ran by JoAnn's Fabrics remnant bin and found this $4 fabric and it does the trick. I fell in love with a more pastel, floral pattern and another pretty toile fabric, but at the end of the day I knew I couldn't have a light background-- this feels like denim and will last a lot longer with Tucker and his messy hands.

Then on Thursday I ran by Schoolhouse Supply- a parent/teacher store that is closing this weekend. They had 8 Mary Engelbreit prints on sale for $4. I bought them and then ran to Walmart and got $5 picture frames and voila!

The prints are all about reading and books so I put one set of four at the top of the stairs by our make-shift library.


And remember when we hung those rain-gutter bookshelves? I always had a big, blank wall above them, and now we have these pretty prints.


And I finally decided it was time for a new nightstand. The old one was my grandparents and we had it prop it up on things to keep it balanced and it squeaked and still leaned to one side and I had no place for books. I had like 15 books stacked on the floor by the bed b/c I didn't have any place to put them. Tonight we finally got a new one and I bought those two big baskets and they are already filled with books and things I like to have nearby. There is a drawer in it too for chapstick and pens. :) And since all of our furniture is heavy and dark I thought it was be fun to try a different color for the nightstand- and I love it. It goes right with our comforter.

And I've been meaning to post about an imposter living in our house. It's a little boy that looks a lot like my sweetheart Tuck Tuck, but acts more like a 2-year-old stinker. I can't be sure- but I think the twos have come and we now know how to say "No" to mommy and fall on the floor when we don't want to go somewhere. It's breaking mommy's heart.

But don't worry- he's still my sweet angel and I would say 80% of the time he is much like the baby we've all come to love. Let's hope these twos come and go and we learn quickly that mommy and daddy are the bosses. And this was taken right after his nap- he has to have his paci and bear to ease into waking up. I love this baby.
2 comments:
love your projects....and my little molly is starting the 2s 'tude too! she loves to tell me "no" and "i don't want it" and is starting to fall on the floor when i am trying to pick her up or do something she doesn't want to do! ahhhh! and with lucy, 3s were worse! ahh...that's 2 yrs. but she is still our sweet angel baby most of the time :)
I am right there with you! Andrew won't be 2 until April, but he has definitely entered into that phase. I have to say, though, most of the time, the answer is "no" but he still does what I tell him to do.
Post a Comment