Friday, July 1, 2011

So it's my birthday today......

Today I am......let's just say older. :) I will admit that Marc and I aren't big on "occasions"- birthdays, holidays, valentine's, etc- they are pretty low key around here and almost never have presents associated with them (I'm talking about the adults- not the kids). And I have no problem with that- as I told my mom today, I feel like my entire life is a birthday present. And I'm always grateful and try to never take for granted the precious blessings I've been given.

I think I have a love affair with the sun- even nine months pregnant I try as often as possible to get in the sun and in the water. So today I took the kids to Oak Mountain beach and we had the best time- we got there early and were almost alone- look how beautiful it was!

June 2011 204

June 2011 199

Tucker and "mama fish"- I apparently am this fish and he says "mama fish love Tucker" all the time- (p.s. BB- he wore those water shoes you got him and loved them).

June 2011 200

Marky walking back from a pick-up game of kickball. I'm pretty sure those big boys had no idea Marky was only 7. I still remember going to the beach with big groups in high school and as soon as we got there the boys had made friends with other boys and were playing football or volleyball or something immediately. Meanwhile the girls were giving any other girl the "go to you-know-where" look. Sports surely do bond males.

June 2011 206

This beautiful boy is my best friend- he makes us so proud every day-

June 2011 207

But then again, they all make me so proud- especially my little fish-hunting girl who swims so well now and is determined to always be happy-

June 2011 202

And of course, it's no secret how this one makes me feel. My happy little sugar bear-

June 2011 205

I was smart this time and brought baby shampoo and washed and dressed everybody before we left the beach so the car was less sandy and we could go out to eat to a nice restaurant for lunch. I just can't thank the Lord enough for these blessings- my cup runneth over. Happy Birthday to me!

8 comments:

Jennifer said...

Yes, Happy Birthday to you!! For some reason I have totally been thinking today was still June 30th so I would have been wishing you a happy birthday tomorrow. Hope you have had a wonderful day!

Amy said...

Happy Birthday to you!!! Sounds like it has been a great day!!!

Dena and Robbie said...

Happy Happy Birthday to You!!!

Lori said...

Happy Birthday Donna!

You are wise beyond your years!
So glad you had a happy day :)

Love, Lori

The McNeills said...

Happy Birthday!!!

Matt, Carrie, Lucy and Molly Allen said...

happy happy birthday donna! looks like ya'll had an awesome day!

Lindsey said...

happy birthday! glad you had such a fun day with your sweet kids!

--Shelley said...

such a fun day! and that beach is an awesome spot that never looks crowded in your pictures.