
Then we talked about lying and how sin entered the world through a lie and how we want to follow the God of Truth not the father of lies. When we speak truth we look more and more like God. We talked about how exaggerating and gossiping are harmful and break the 8th Commandment about not bearing false witness.
Then I told a story about a little girl who told a lie about seashells and thought she'd covered her lie (the green crayon)-

But God can see right through your lies and knows the truth-

Then we worked on our truthfulness album pages and practiced our memory verse song-

Then it was snack time with sugar flower cookies and juice-

Still reading about St. Bridget-

A wonderful afternoon. The big kids are in VBS again this week- at a different church in a totally different program. I LOVE this program and they are having a great time. Marky got off his crutches on Monday morning- he can now walk, ride a bike and swim. He still can't run or jump, but we are so happy he's walking!!! He helped me bring the groceries in today- cleaned his room easily- took the trash down- my helper is back! :)
In other news to remember- BB and Poppy kept Charlie and Tucker while we went to Noah's life celebration last weekend. We drove down Friday and got there Friday night- did the service Saturday- and drove home Sunday. On Sunday we just got in the car and figured we'd find a mass somewhere on the road. God was good and we pulled into St. Columba in Dothan at 5:00 on-the-dot! We didn't have to wait or be late- it was perfect timing. We went to mass and afterwards decided we should go out to eat since we didn't have the little ones with us. I said, "where can we go that we can't take babies?" and we all figured out that a Japaneses steakhouse would be the ticket. So the kids had a blast watching the chef do all his tricks. Meanwhile, BB was sending me hilarious updates of the kiddos who were quite...um....indulged...shall we say, while Mommy and Daddy were gone. It's the right of grandparents to loosen the rules- and Tucker knows how to play them like a fiddle. When they told him it was time to come home he said, "no, I don't think so" and when they pulled in the driveway he said, "I do not need to be here." Momma's back- party's over! Sorry Tuck Tuck! I love you too much too let you run wild! :)
From BB while we were gone-
Tucker is having a swell time. He has made up a new game....watching the clock. He sits on the kitchen counter and announces the time, "It's 10:18, 'bout to be 10:19" ....
He covers his eyes and holds his breath. Waiting, waiting....
Then he squeals, "It's 10:19!!!!!!!!!!! Yeah!!!!! It's 10:19. I held my breath and closed my eyes and it's 10:19!!!!
He has been doing this since it was 10:12, and I just heard him squeal with Poppy, "It's 10:24!!!!! I held my breath and closed my eyes and it's 10:24!!!!"
This is good stuff. Have no idea why we made a play room. A clock is all he needed.
They also took the boys to McDonalds to play on the playground- they are brave!Thank you BB and Poppy. It was a huge help to us!

Sweetest, "giantist" baby (who is eating us out of house and home by the way- he can eat a whole bowl of macaroni and cheese- tonight he ate a whole banana and looked at me like 'thanks for the appetizer- now let's quit playing games and have supper.")- :) I think his first sentence will be "Where's the beef?"







2 comments:
Love those pix, love those babies!
Those rules of yours totally inhibit our flow. Thnk about that in the future!
fun times! glad marky is off crutches....I'm sure he is ready to go! so sweet to have all the girls at little flowers - I hope to be able to do something similar one day ....now LUNCH SOON MISSY.
Post a Comment