While reading words with Tucker I was making up sentences. He wanted to make up his own sentences, which cracked me up. A couple:
Mommy: "kick". I kick a ball
Tucker: "kick". I like to kick some cups.
Mommy: "sack". A sack of candy.
Tucker: "sack". A sack of kittens.
While having Marky read aloud to me about Abe Lincoln he gets to a part where a guy wants to "lick" Abe. I say to Marky, "that means he wants to fight". Marky says "oh, I know. It makes me think of Davey Crockett when he said, 'My Daddy can lick any man in Kentucky and I can lick my Daddy.'". The boy doesn't forget what he reads. Ever.
While talking to the kids about long lives and short lives, rich and poor, sick and well, we were talking about which kind of life was best. (the answer being whichever life gets you closest to God and His will). Julia sits thinking and says, "A short life can be a gift if you are a Christian because you go straight to heaven and have less chance to offend God."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
Amen Julia!!
Ya'll are doing a great job over there!
Peace in Christ,
Lori
A sack of kittens. Ha! That Tucker is a funny dude.
And Marky & Julia? You are rearing some wise children, Donna.
Post a Comment