Friday, June 29, 2012

Surviving the heat...

It's 103 degrees outside!  What in the world.  We have been going going all week trying to think of fun- INDOOR- things to do to beat this heat!  The big kids are going to VBS again so the mornings are them doing that and me spending time with my two little punkins.  Baby punkin takes a morning nap and curly-locked punkin does his reading lesson, watches a Thomas the Tank Engine and gets lot of extra attention from his adoring mommy.  Monday afternoon we had Little Flowers.  Tuesday afternoon I got a sitter for the little boys and took the big kids out to lunch and to the library for a concert by Eric Litwin, the author of the Pete the Cat series.  He was hysterical- I think the adults got his humor more than the kids (although the kids had a blast).  At one point he said, "put your hands up and we are going to channel Paula Abdul" and as we all had our hands up he said to two ladies, "Excuse me Ladies- I see you are debating whether 80s Paula or 90s Paula is who we should channel and can I just say for right now- please just drop it."  :)

IMG_4714 Wednesday while the big kids were in VBS I took the little boys to the revamped art museum kiddie area- it is AWESOME- clean, contained, interesting- it's perfect. :) IMG_4721 IMG_4722

Coloring on a smart board-

IMG_4724

Painting- "this is me happy, this is me sad"-

IMG_4725

Being precious on the chalkboard table-

IMG_4720

Why do all his smiley pictures end up blurry? It's just too much cuteness for the camera to handle I guess-

IMG_4719 Thursday after VBS we headed to the McWane Center for air conditioned fun.  Driving an airplane-  :) IMG_4727IMG_4730 IMG_4726

Marky and his friends LOVE these big huge blocks- they built the whole time-

IMG_4737 IMG_4738

Julia found an animal rescue place where she could vaccinate animals (it was a Dora and Diego thing)- how perfect for our little critter-lovin baby girl-

IMG_4739

Charlie loves to slide-

IMG_4734

And how big is he- he can stand for a long time now- Marky has counted almost 2 minutes of Charlie standing up-

IMG_4732

Then today we had the VBS finale. The theme was the joyful mysteries of the rosary (over the next three years we will cover all the mysteries)-

IMG_4741

Creative cupcakes-

IMG_4740 IMG_4750 IMG_4748 IMG_4746 IMG_4744 IMG_4743

Your turn will come, Charliebear-

IMG_4747

Week one of extreme heat- veni, vidi, vici!

2 comments:

Lori said...

I LOVE the theme! Catholic Kids Week!! We need to do this in ALL of our parishes! Blessings, Lori

Anonymous said...

ummmmm...ccccuuuuuuupppppccccaaaakkkeeesssss.