Thursday, June 14, 2012

VBS week....

This week the big kids have been at VBS- the theme is "Sky"- I'm sure you've seen it around town- TONS of churches are doing it. They are having a great time and I am loving my time with my two little boys! One day I took them to the McWane Center and just did baby stuff- Charlie had his first experience with the water table. Oh how I remember taking Marky here and standing at this water table forever when he was a baby!

IMG_4630 IMG_4632 Today I took them to the Southern Museum of Flight's playroom- we were the only ones there and had a blast- we worked puzzles, rode the push toys, read books-

IMG_4638 IMG_4636 IMG_4637 IMG_4639

I introduced Charlie to the slide- he'd never been down one. It was a hit!

IMG_4640 IMG_4641

Earlier this week I took Sissy to get her hair cut into a bob- she looks so cute with a bob- (see last summer)-



BUT- when I got there I chickened out! I just think she has such pretty hair it's hard for me to cut it!

IMG_4634 IMG_4633

We ended up cutting it four inches- you can definitely tell she's had a haircut, but it's still below her shoulders. :)

I forgot to mention that we bought some new furniture a couple weeks ago. First, we go two new headboard/footboards for the downstairs twin beds (guest room)- so that room looks a lot more finished. Then we had to get a bed for Marky because on crutches he couldn't get into his top bunk. We bought twin beds and put one in the attic and one in the boys' room. I was afraid it would make the room feel too jam packed- three beds after all- but it really doesn't- I love it! We put the new twin bed where Tucker's dresser was-

IMG_4644

Then we moved the bookcase to the end of the bunk beds and put the dresser there- no big deal- all the same furniture-

IMG_4646

And I have to add that Marky still plays with his playmobil castle and knights all the time- it was definitely worth the money back in the day- it's created years of battles for our big boy! (And Tucker and Julia enjoy it too)-

IMG_4647

When I was walking down the hall to get the pictures of Marky's room I passed this- doesn't she look peaceful?

IMG_4649 IMG_4648

But then I had to get a pic of her haircut. :) IMG_4653 IMG_4652 IMG_4655

Oh- and I got this painting at TARGET of all places- three little brown-haired boys just like mine- I LOVE IT and put it down on the boys' end of the hall!

IMG_4651

2 comments:

Jennifer McShea said...

We have started the furniture shopping for the new room arrangement with the baby coming. It is always fun to 'redecorate'.

And I love the picture of Julia with her hands on her hips! I'm scheduled to get 8 inches cut tomorrow and I'm afraid I might chicken out too!

Anonymous said...

I love all the new stuff!! I honestly think my favorite room in your house is juliabug's...so feminine and sweet...I would have adored that growing up! great job on all the new decor!