Friday, July 6, 2012

Friday

Not much to talk about today, just want to get some pics off the camera.

One funny story- today I was in a parking lot with the children and trying to find Tucker's shoes (he is notorious for taking off and throwing shoes in the car- ARGH!) and a cute couple parks beside us and looks in and Tucker says "Mommy has her hands full." :) He's heard it so much he preempts people now. :)

(at the plane museum with a buddy)-

IMG_4761 IMG_4762

Charles loves a jump castle-

IMG_4760

The kids finished science camp and had a great time. Marky's class had a big bridge building contest and his group won and he brought it home. Now he's taken it all apart all over the kitchen to invent new things. Julia did paper mache, but I'm not sure she realizes she did.  I kept asking her about it and she kept saying "I don't know."   :)

Today I let them play afterwards. Which brings me to my next point- elevator etiquette- which apparently few people have (in my experience). Just a tip- if you are exiting an elevator and in front of you stands a group of people waiting to get on- don't take your sweet time and step out just as the doors are closing. You either hurry- or you put your arm in the doors to stop them from shutting. I'm just saying- I've almost lost an arm holding the door for folks and it is never reciprocated.

Sissy had her heart set on doing the dinosaur dig- after years of doing this it hasn't gotten old-

IMG_4767 IMG_4768 IMG_4764

Charliebear is standing ALL the time now-

IMG_4765 IMG_4766 IMG_4769

He may have taken his first step here today- I put him down and he went step, step and then just stood there-

IMG_4770

But then gravity pulled him down- timber....

IMG_4771

In other news, my neice Landin turned 5 on the Fourth of July- Amber has a sweet post about it.

Also- lest you think I've lost my homeschooling mojo this summer- for the Fourth the kids watched "This is America: The Great Inventors" Charlie Brown movie and we read "The Fourth of July Story" and Marky memorized the Preamble and Bill of Rights to the Constitution. Let Freedom Ring! :)

3 comments:

BB said...

Oh, how fun for BB to read. I love it all...but the highlight was for Mr. Charlie the Bear to have maybe taken his first steps today. Whooo hoooo.
Don't underplay the 4th baby's stuff. This is waaay big!

holly said...

I mean, rub it in that you are schooling constantly and have genius kids. I'm not bitter.

Lori said...

A great example of "Learning All the Time!

Blessings, Lori