Also, we had bought season tickets to Dollywood so we can go back for "free". And Dollywood and the Smokeys are magical at Christmas and keep the focus on Jesus! And I like making the 12 days of Christmas special. And- we have realized Marc will be 18 in 2 years 4 months and want to make all the fun memories we can before he leaves us for college.
So, with some quick maneuvers just two nights before we left, we got tickets for all the things we wanted to do and places we wanted to stay and ran up to the mountains for a quick trip. (In fact, Marky drove us up there for part of the way!)
He and I took turns driving so Daddy could work!
Fist stop- Pigeon Forge to get the benefit of our season tickets. We drove up Monday and went straight to Dollywood and had a ball! It is completely different at Christmas than it was in the fall.
I cannot say enough wonderful things about this baby. We were dreading taking her up and getting her off her nap schedule- and she will not sleep in a car. But she was an ANGEL- she did not get one nap for 3 days in a row and was a total happy angel baby! I don't remember her crying even one time. Anastasia Rose we LOVE YOU SO MUCH!
I am telling you- they change all the decorations, all the light shows, and all the shows for Christmas- it's worth going back.
We had a great fried chicken supper-
These guys are my roller coaster riders- I rode several with them-
There was a precious Christmas light show on this tree-
And surprise- it started "snowing" on us at the end! It was magical!
This is one of my all-time favorite pictures- EVER!
Yes, the little boys won basketballs in a game and we had to carry them through the park all night. :)
We worked hard to keep her warm! I made a warm bottle that hit the spot!
We got to the condo very late, but everyone went to bed and slept like champs- even baby girl-
I wonder if they had visions of sugarplums dancing in their heads. :)










































No comments:
Post a Comment