
Okay here's another thing I love: Read Aloud Bible Stories. These are soooooo much better than any other Bible story books we have (and we have tons). We have volumes 1 and 2 now. One of my favorite stories is about blind Bartemeus- he couldn't see the sun, the trees, the houses or the people..... until he met Jesus....then Jesus healed him and he could see the sun, the trees, the houses and the people, but best of all Bartemeus saw Jesus. Okay that's a paraphrase- but I almost cry everytime I read the thing. The illustrations are huge and beautiful. Marky loves the books and I think I'm going to start giving it as birthday presents. My in-laws are here all weekend and the computer is in the guest room so I have been soooo disconnected. I plan to post about the visit tomorrow!




4 comments:
thanks for the info. we have been looking for some good books with Bible stories! can you get it at lifeway or any christian book store?
Carrie
thanks for the advice, donna! we'll have to check this one out!
GREAT TIP! It's sad to say, but Bibles that are easy to read for kids are kind of hard to come by. We have several and Owen is fascinated with one right now- because of David and Goliath. He keeps asking to read about Jesus and the Giant! ha!
I'll have to check that one out.
Sounds GREAT! Thanks for sharing!
Post a Comment