We've come a long way (although my hair is the same!)

Alpha Gams- Troy State University-
1999- after the homecoming football game.
Backrow: Lori Lee, Amy, Donna,
Front Row: Jacqueline, Shelley, Jill
I'm recovering from a whirlwind weekend of Alpha Gamma Delta sisterhood! I had the
privilege of hosting five of my favorite college friends this weekend and we had a blast. Here we are picking Shelley and Jill (from
Louisiana) up from the airport. Jacqueline and Kelly drove in from Florida and Tennessee respectively. Shana, of course, lives here.

We went immediately to Che Lulu in
Mountainbrook for a late dinner and we laughed all night!
Then we went to Billy's and listened to a band. The band was playing songs from the 90s which was great b/c it brought back so many memories!

Here's Shelley and Jill.

We stayed up 'till 3:00 talking and then slept in and had a late brunch. Kelly had driven in that morning to complete our party.

We shopped all afternoon and then went to sips and strokes where we sipped wine (or in my case Sprite) and painted for FOUR hours. Our other sister Joy was able to meet up with us then.

Here we are. It's Jacqueline,
Shana, me,
Jill, Kelly,
Shelley and
Joy.
(
Jac will start a blog soon- Kelly says she has no time!)

And our "beautiful" paintings. None of us are hanging these in our homes. The backgrounds were ridiculous. But it was a funny adventure nonetheless. We stayed up again after painting laughing and talking until 3 a.m. again and then slept in the next day. Kelly and
Jac had to leave Sunday after lunch. That night Shelley, Jill, Shana and I went to see
The Women and ate dinner outside. I don't recommend the movie- they tried too hard and it didn't work. Anyway we stayed up talking again Sunday night and then Jill and Shelly flew home this morning. Thank you guys so much for coming- I love you and had a blast!!!

The absolute real hero of the weekend, however, is my sweet husband. I feel like I was on vacation too because I basically didn't see my family the whole time. He took them to the YMCA, the zoo, the park. He fed them, bathed them and put them to bed. Since some of the girls slept in Julia's room, she and
Marky shared his twin bed. It was so precious- they giggled for a while and then would pass out. They slept great and the first night we put her back in her big girl bed she cried for
Marky.

10 comments:
Wish I could have been there! Sounds like a blast!!!
It was a blast and YOU were the best hostess! I have to say I was so impressed and grateful to Marc....thank you Marc!
I can't remember when I have stayed up so late. It's so fun being with old friends who you love and have so many memoreis with.
SOOO FUN!!!! You girls all look great...i'm glad that you had so much fun. YAY for Marc...what a sweet hubby!
It was great to see everyone and catch up a little. Thanks for including me in the sipsnstroke outing. Props to Marc for serving you and the girls!
I'm so very jealous, but I'm also glad that ya'll had such a good time.
i am just going to link a post your yours and shana's blog. i worked today at 5am and so tired. loved it. looking fwd to the beach trip in 5 years. maybe we will get big houses in BR and we will do it there next time!
Hot mommas! Ya'll just get better with age! Isn't it fun to hang with the girls for a whole weekend. Glad ya'll had a blast :)
You do the girl thing more than any body I know. I am so jealous. I cannot remember the last time I had an hour off much less a whole weekend. Maybe it is time for Marc to teach Kris a few things. Looks like ya'll had a blast. We've been in Mobile, so I will call you soon to catch up!!!
Looks like ya'll had so much fun! I am thrilled for you girls. :)
Ryan has been telling me about Sips n Strokes for a while. I am definitely going to have to try that sometime. :)
Thanks for posting so we could all see you together again.
i know yall had such a wonderful time..everybody needs that girl time every now and then.
Post a Comment