Well it is now time for Lent 2009 and I'm very excited to enter this penitential time as we prepare for the feast of Easter. With the next 40 days focused on prayer, fasting and alms giving we can seek Christ and find Him as we put away our old self. Only Christ in His mercy can transform us from the inside out. Let's seek Him while He may be found.
Take up thy cross, the Savior said,
If Thou wouldst my disciple be;
Deny thyself, the world forsake,
And humbly follow after me.
Take up thy cross, let not its weight
Fill thy weak spirit with alarm;
His strength shall bear thy spirit up,
And brace thy heart and nerve thine arm.
Take up thy cross and follow Christ,
Nor think till death till lay it down;
For only he who bears the cross
May hope to wear the glorious crown.
FYI-The song on the blog is saying, "non nobis domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam."
"Not to us, Lord, not to us, but to Your name be the glory."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




5 comments:
Awesome, D.
Did y'all "do" lent when you were a child?
We were Methodist so we sort of did. I do remember giving up candy for lent a couple of times.
Does lent start today? When?
yep, it sure does. I haven't been keeping up with it since I left Slidell. Well, I knew it was around that time. We just happend to celebrate Mardi Gras at our house yesterday! HA! That is funny, I sure didn't even think about it being Fat Tuesday! I just brought home some extra Mardi Gras masks from school. What a happy accident. Thanks for the Christ-centered lent post!
Hey D,
I have a doctors appointment with Samuel tomorrow, so we want be able to do the hands on. We just can't seem to get it together!!! Hope you are doing well.
Post a Comment