I have to recommend to you to head to Dollywood next family vacation. I know it sounds cheezy, but we had a blast! It is super-clean and relaxed and just like Disney in the amount of restaurants and fun things to do. As we walked up there was a big sign that said, "Dollywood welcomes the Duggar family". All I could do was think of you, Hillary. I never saw them, but I did see several Duggar-like families. We DID see DOLLY PARTON herself! She was filiming a commercial and waved to us. Her waist is TINY- of course I've heard her say that things don't grow in the shade. :) Anyway, there were lots of shows and theater things. Here is Marky on stage at a show "Wings of America" where they showed us tons of eagles, owls, hawks, etc.

They had kiddie areas like sandboxes, water tables, fountains and baby rides that Julia could ride by herself.

Lots of country folks in the streets to talk to you- including this chicken lady who made Marc do a chicken dance. We also saw glass blowers, blacksmiths, men working with leather to make belts and hats and candy-makers.

Tucker was an angel and chilled in the stroller.

There were tons of places to eat and get treats like ice cream.

There were tons of water rides. Next time I wouldn't wear denim capris and get on this ride (below) as the FIRST ride of the day and walk around squishy.

Marky's favorite ride was the river battle where you had water guns and fought with other boats and the people on land who had water guns. They got SOAKED!

Thanks BB and Poppy for going with us! We had a blast and will definitely go again!
5 comments:
my aunt lives in knoxville, so we have been to dollywood a couple of times, but it has been a long time! looks like ya'll had a blast!
That looks like so much fun!!! Marky looks like he had a great time. I love the fact the boys are getting a little bit older. You can just enjoy so much more with them without packing diapers, sippy cups, etc. Thanks for the concern over Addie. I really think I will need therapy over this(along with Hamilton who is heart broken). I have cried for 2 days now. Thank goodness we leave for the beach for a week in the morning. It will be a great distraction. I will call when we get back. I would love to visit with you and the babies.
Those babies sure are cute! I sure do miss them and their mother when I am at work.
-- Daddy
ok we totally need to talk more. had no idea yall were vacationing. good for you! glad it was enjoyable and that you had help!
I can't believe that I missed this shout out earlier! AND I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU WERE THAT CLOSE TO THE DUGGARS AND MISSED THEM!! HOW COULD YOU MISS ALL 82 OF THEM?? COME ON!!
Ok. Enough shouting. Thanks for the review since that's quasi-close to us and all. we should go! And I can't believe you saw Dolly and her little self. Did you have Dr. Dennis for any history classes in college? He was the dept chair our last couple of years and he had a great story about meeting Dolly.
And the pic of y'all waving in the boat is awesome! So funny!
Glad you had fun!
Post a Comment