Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Guess where we went today?

Yes, in addition to Children's Holy Hour, the McWane Center, Lowe's, Wendy's and the park, we somehow squeezed in Marky's first violin lesson today. Trust me, I'm no stage mom- this was ALL Marky's idea. I wanted to teach him piano b/c I could do it myself, but he had his heart SET on violin and has been begging me to do it for over a year. I think it may be because Quincy on Little Einsteins plays one. I'm just not sure where he got the idea. Anyway, we are renting this violin (lest you think I'm loco). I'm curious to see if he'll stick with it. He came home tonight and "practiced". Tucker says what's the big whoop. He's been playing the piano for some time now and it's not hard. Everytime he sits down by it I say "sit back, relax and indulge yourself in the smooth stylings of Tucker McChunky as he tickles the ivories". He loves that intro.

P.S. for those of you wondering about Julia's potty-training. We are giving it a rest. Yesterday she "held" it for over 9 1/2 hours and cried and cried when I mentioned using the potty. I was on the internet and became concerned about her health with holding it so long and being so stressed so we are taking a "wittle" break. I'm telling you now, no matter how many children I have, Sissybug will always be our 'baby'.

2 comments:

BB said...

First of all, I was just like Sissy Bug, but was potty trained well before marriage. Kind of proud of that.
I love Marky with his strings. I want him to play for Dad's and my 50th Anniv. party. We're on year 36, so he has some wiggle room.
And Tucker Man, what can I say? Happy, precious, adorable little guy! Love you all, BB

Hillary @ The Other Mama said...

So funny about the violin. It could be Quincy, Jana Grice OR the Duggars who talked him into it. One never knows.