Today was such a wonderful day. EWTN studios in Birmingham was taping a show called Dana and Friends with Irish singer Dana and needed a baby to play the part of Baby Jesus in a little lullaby ballet performance. Guess who got the part? They had originally called a close friend of mine, but she couldn't do it and recommended Tucker. You can imagine their surprise when I showed up with the "infant" Jesus and he was 22 lbs and this little ballerina was supposed to hold him and dance around. I had to wait an hour or so in the control room while they taped other performances and Tucker spit up like 5 times, kept babbling and squirming and flopping and I was a nervous wreck thinking he couldn't possibly "perform" as the reverant, docile infant they were looking for. I prayed and prayed and specifically asked the Holy Spirit to come and calm him down for the show. Right before we went on he was laughing loudly and blowing rasberries and everyone seemed preturbed and nervous that it wouldn't work, but when the music started (it was a guy playing a guitar and singing a lullabye), Tucker totally calmed down and cuddled in to Mary and looked so serene. It was amazing. I knew God had answered our prayers. They had to tape the song three times- which is FOREVER in 7-month-old time, but Tucker stayed calm and didn't babble even once during the taping. The man was singing a song about "sleep Prince of Peace, King Emmanuel" and they did all these close ups of his sweet little solemn face. He was wrapped in a white toga-like blanket. It was so touching and I can't wait to see it in December. Thank you, Lord, for answering our prayers and calming Mr. Wiggles so he could remind the world that You once were a baby too with a mother who adored You.
Tuesday, August 25, 2009
Standby...and cue 'em!
Today was such a wonderful day. EWTN studios in Birmingham was taping a show called Dana and Friends with Irish singer Dana and needed a baby to play the part of Baby Jesus in a little lullaby ballet performance. Guess who got the part? They had originally called a close friend of mine, but she couldn't do it and recommended Tucker. You can imagine their surprise when I showed up with the "infant" Jesus and he was 22 lbs and this little ballerina was supposed to hold him and dance around. I had to wait an hour or so in the control room while they taped other performances and Tucker spit up like 5 times, kept babbling and squirming and flopping and I was a nervous wreck thinking he couldn't possibly "perform" as the reverant, docile infant they were looking for. I prayed and prayed and specifically asked the Holy Spirit to come and calm him down for the show. Right before we went on he was laughing loudly and blowing rasberries and everyone seemed preturbed and nervous that it wouldn't work, but when the music started (it was a guy playing a guitar and singing a lullabye), Tucker totally calmed down and cuddled in to Mary and looked so serene. It was amazing. I knew God had answered our prayers. They had to tape the song three times- which is FOREVER in 7-month-old time, but Tucker stayed calm and didn't babble even once during the taping. The man was singing a song about "sleep Prince of Peace, King Emmanuel" and they did all these close ups of his sweet little solemn face. He was wrapped in a white toga-like blanket. It was so touching and I can't wait to see it in December. Thank you, Lord, for answering our prayers and calming Mr. Wiggles so he could remind the world that You once were a baby too with a mother who adored You.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




6 comments:
donna- that's awesome! what a sweet and special moment that had to be. good job, tucker...let us all know when it will be on tv so we can watch it!
He makes a sweet baby Jesus! Love those big babies!
Oh, how wonderful! Not only that Tucker boy was chosen, but also your answered prayer! What a sweet Jesus (baby and big guy) we have.
And I have to tell you that O and H both played Jesus in their day as infants. I was a proud Mary (I kept on rollin').
"Doesn't it look like I'm ready? I am always ready! I have been ready since first call! I am ready! Rrrrrroll!"
Love it! Jesus was his size at some point anyway so it doesn't matter. Thanks for your comment about our anniversary - didn't know that was the day Marc told you he loved you. Glad it was a special weekend for you guys as well! hard to believe it was so long ago.
I just read thru your comments and I didn't realize that Elyse and Brian's wedding was the first time Marc told you that he loved you. That's so sweet. Now you've had his three precious babies and little Tucker is bound for stardom. I'd say that's a 'happily ever after'.
Post a Comment