On Saturday our family and some close friends went to Hanceville, AL, to see the
Shrine of the Most Blessed Sacrament. We'd never gone before, and it was beautiful and amazing. It felt like we were in another country. The Shrine itself is very grand and very quiet. You could feel the peace and tranquility and the presence of God.

The gift shop is in this gorgeous castle-type building with tons of knights and old documents and shields. You can imagine Marky and Daddy thought that was awesome.

We were also able to visit a sister while we were there. The sisters are cloistered, spending their life in perpetual prayer and adoration. You can meet with them through a gate. This particular one, Sister Agnes, was beautiful and kind. She brought the kids cookies and jelly beans and made us laugh. I felt like I was visiting the place in the Sound of Music. I definitely plan to go again.
2 comments:
I wish they wouldn't cage the nuns. That's in bad taste.
Hill, I think it's to protect them from all those chillun. Did you see the story about the older lady who put a chain link cage around her rural back porch so she could feed bears safely through the cage? Well, the hungry bear pulled granny through and...I can't bring myself to write the rest. I think Sister knew she could safely feed the children this way. Don't quote me on that, though.
Post a Comment