Monday, April 26, 2010

Momma's Back on the List

Today I had my Monday babysitter come and went to the eye doctor to FINALLY get new contacts. My old prescription didn't fit my left eye and always floated off leaving that eye blurry, so all year I've been looking out of one "good" eye. Why didn't I go fix it earlier? Because momma is on the smack bottom of the to-do list. I also got a hair cut, and when she asked me about my previous hair cut I couldn't remember what they had done because it had been almost a year! What in the world!? I also ran and got a polish change for the toesies. I came home with layers, sight and pink toes and I feel like a new woman. I'm going to go back to the gym this week too. I'm back on the list and it feels nice.

9 comments:

Kris and Stacey said...

Yeah Donna!! We are better mothers when we are on the list. That is one of the hardest things about homeschooling and being a stay at home mom. It is so hard to fit yourself into the day. Glad you were able to do so.

Elyse said...

Love it - you need a recharge every now and then anyway. I don't know how you do it with three children. The house looks absolutely beautiful! So much fun!

The McNeills said...

Glad to hear you're back on the list. It's the little things, isn't it? Pretty toes and a haircut and carry me for weeks!

Lindsey said...

i feel ya! so glad you got to do some things! i am in desparate need of being on the list... just got through keeping 5 kids (3 mine) 5 and under yesterday, overnight and until lunch?! not sure what i was thinking:). i need to find a regular babysitter!!

Lindsey said...

or "desperate".

holly said...

mmm hmmm. see it all the time (in others and myself!). we are better mamas when we take just a little time for ourselves. i'd better never hear of this happening again!

B-Mama said...

Great work, Donna--you deserve it!! Thanks for the inspiration!! And your home looks beautiful. Such a warm place. I'm so glad all things worked out so well... Blessings!

The Dettling's said...

I'll be doing 2 of those 3 things on Saturday! Can't wait! So glad you finally got some "me" time. We all need it still, not matter how good things are going around us! :)

Dena and Robbie said...

Yippy!!!