Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Dear Awkward Stage.....

Dear Awkward Stage,
First of all, how dare you. How dare you take my beautiful, baby-faced, baby-toothed boy and turn him into a kid. He lost his first top tooth tonight and it's been hard for Mommy. I mean, look at what I've had for so long.....
Look at this! Now, he is a beautiful boy- but I know you, Awkward Stage, and I was a really cute toddler and you turned me crazy-looking for about 4 years or so and I can't stand to see those pictures to this day. You can't do that to my baby. Do you hear me? He's my beautiful boy and he must stay beautiful- please don't give him the ginormous bunny teeth that stick straight out that you gave me. Let this pass rather easily. Thank you and Good Day, Donna
P.S. We've been giving quarters for teeth around here, and Marky learned at science class that other kids get $2 a tooth and he was rather upset. I said I think the tooth fairy must appreciate our family traditions. :)

3 comments:

Allison H. said...

Donna-same thing happened to us-the tooth fairy leaves quarters here also but Zachary found out some kids at school get $5 and $10!!! What?! I told him the tooth fairy MUST have made a mistake! (at their houses, not ours!)

BB said...

If his teeth come in like yours, then they will be totally beautiful...ahhhm, after a few extractions, 4 years of braces, etc. Oh, and mucho dinero!
The end result is more than worth it ;)

--Shelley said...

he is such a handsome boy! i like the quarter idea. we have yet to lose any around here so thanks for the heads-up!