No worries- onto the indoor exhibits- first the petting zoo barn....Julia is saying "can I brush the rooster?"
The rooster said no.
The goats however, loved to be brushed.
And they love baby hands and feet, which Tuck Tuck was happy to supply.
Onto a nice lunch with my favorite trio.
And more time inside at the reptile and primate exhibits.
They were so happy and kept saying "we are having such a special day!"
Tucker telling me the gee-ya (gorilla) is in the cave.
Taking a minute with my favorite girl-
I did decide to let them ride the train, and even bought a zoo umbrella to stand in line with. We waited 20 minutes in the light, drizzly rain and then one soggy and angry mommy hauled everyone up the hill to the front office and let them know I was not happy with the situation.
They apologized profusely and said they would send him right away and mommy had to haul everyone in the rain back down the hill and we did, by golly, get on that dad gum train.
Baby wants a train- baby gets a train. :) See him smiling around his paci? He was saying "choo choo!"
I just love spending time with these bambinos. It's never boring to me. I had a friend tell me recently that she never takes the kids to the zoo by herself because she has to have a friend to talk to. These babies are my friends and we talk and laugh and learn and I will always be so grateful for these precious years I've had to be home with them.




2 comments:
What a special day! You know you are doing them well when you see such smiles on their faces. They are so blessed to have you as their mama.
I am always SO saddened by the number of mothers I see out and about on the cell phones or texting while the kids play. We encountered this at the children's museum the other day and I wanted to run up, grab the phone, and throw it in the water exhibit!!
Good word Donna...these days I feel like my kids are my only friends.
Post a Comment